Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1st day pre-op diet

1. trulyamazingtoo
    trulyamazingtoo
    Today I started my first day of my 3 day pre-op diet. Things went pretty well. I drank a peanut butter chocolate protein shake for breakfast, vanilla protein shale for lunch. I had some chicken broth and sugar free popsicle for snack.
    I had a headache for about 4 to 5 hrs. I took some Tylenol for it. Then for dinner I had 2ozs of tuna. I had a pretty good first day and wasnt that hungry. I just hope that Iwil eventually be able to make my protein goal. I had a hard time drinking those two shakes. I just wanted to give up. I would have rather not had anything. They just seemed to thick. I mixed it with 8ozs of fat free milk. Day of surgery will be here before i know.
  2. amymalc1161
    amymalc1161
    Someone suggested mixing sugar free jello pudding mix in the protein shake to make it taste better.
  3. Sunnybell
    Sunnybell
    Try premier protein shakes...I liked the vanilla the best. Also, Isopure is a flavored protein drink (similar to gatorade) sold individually and cold at vitamin shoppe...hope that helps.
  4. New Reflection
    New Reflection
    I have been trying out the protein shakes. They are pretty bad by themselves but when I added strawberrys, a banana and some fat free, sugar free chocolate syrup mixed with a great tasting no sugar fruit drink and some crushed ice it was amazing! Yes it is the consistency of a malt but is so yummy I look forward to my morning shake. Good luck!