Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How do you make/receive phone calls to/from the US while in Tijuana?!?!

1. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    I contacted my cell phone provider today to make sure I will be able to use my phone while in Tijuana. I found out that they only provide services for calling Mexican numbers (cell/landlines) in select areas of Mexico...and yes Tijuana is not on the list for that either. They do not provide any services for calling to the US while in Mexico. For those of you who have already gone and had your surgery...how did you stay connected with family/friends???
  2. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    I was just going thru the same thing today but I did some research and I think with an iPhone you can use iMessage and FaceTime with the wifi we will get at the hotel.
  3. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    Thanks...you think android can do the same thing
  4. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    Nope . U have an iPad or iPod touch? Cause they can
  5. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    Nope lol. where there is a will there is a way...I will figure this out lol
  6. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    I have sprint, but my sis told me that some of the people she worked with that had to travel internationally, got those cheapo phones...i gotta ask her again. I'm going to text her. Ill be back in a minute!
  7. trulyamazingtoo
    trulyamazingtoo
    You can do other video chatting such as oovoo , tango etc on Android
  8. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    Thats true,my friend who moved to mexico uses whatsapp to text me. there are several texting apps that you could probally use just on wifi
  9. SharraMorris
    SharraMorris
    I jjust got back and we used Facebook messenger and email. Wifi at hospital and hotel. You can also skype.
  10. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    Thanks guys, very helpful!!!
    Congrats SharraMorris! How was your experience? Any tips?