Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Everyone

1. aimzee
    aimzee
    I am new here and will be sleeved I hope on January 15th. They are removing my lap band and doing the sleeve in one surgery. i am nervous. Petrified even.. I have had several surgeries and I just want to survive this one. i am almost 41 and i have two kids to live for. Was anyone else nervous like this?
  2. justwannabnormal
    justwannabnormal
    Hi and welcome. Yes, I was really nervous too. I was sleeved on Dec. 10 and have 3 kids that depend on me. I had many doubts and fears. I hardly slept the night before surgery. I even got my period the night before after having not had it for months--go figure. All stress. But I am 3 1/2 weeks out and glad I did it. I think we all have doubts. Most people say it's the best thing they ever did. I've lost 30 lbs since I started this journey and feel so much better...not just going by the number on the scale. I feel great about myself and the way things are going. Good Luck to you and feel free to ask any questions you may have. The people on these boards have been lifesavers to me!
  3. GayLynn Alexander
    GayLynn Alexander
    Yes, I was nervous. But I had tried everything I could think of to lose weight and my doctor said "No more". I have lost 145 lbs now. I'm very glad I did it and I was over 50 when I did it!
  4. ScarlettO
    ScarlettO
    Hi I am 44 and about to celebrate my 1 year anniversary. I have lost 191 lbs over the last year. I feel FABULOUS!!! I have a second chance at life, to move, to dance, to enjoy. I run a childcare of 12 children and I jump and dance and go outside with them again. One of my little ones even asked me the other day "so your legs don't hurt anymore" :'( If you have made it through other surgeries you will do fine here also. And it will give you back the tool to be in control of your food again. I have been lucky with a very smooth- complication free experience. So go for it!!! There are down times but the energy and love of life that returns is all worth it!! Good luck and keep us posted!
  5. finallythin
    finallythin
    I'm 41 and got sleeved yesterday. Not even sore today! Still in hospital (1 day) and will probably be released around noon. Best of luck everyone. We're past 40 and are sexier than ever!!! Go girls/guys!!!
  6. Michelle72
    Michelle72
    Hi Aimzee...How did it all go??update please??
    I was sleeved October 2013 and only lost about 50 pounds.i know I need to do more exercise,but motivation is missing.
  7. Aliebubu
    Aliebubu
    I guess I am with everyone when I say I'm scared. Surgery booked for June 5th. I'm so scared!
  8. BLasley
    BLasley
    Hello, I'm 41 and my sleeve surgery is Wednesday Aug 6, 2014. I'm very scared. I have a disabled daughter, a recovering alcoholic husband and last but not least my son to live for. I'm so proud of these three, these guys are my heart and my soul. I pray each day this surgery goes well and most of all I survive. Just really scared for my family's sake.
  9. BLasley
    BLasley
    Oh, and yes please update aimzee
  10. magnifica
    magnifica
    I envy all of you that got your procedure!
    My credit wasn't approved today. I am not shocked but the hoping is wrecking my self-esteem and diet!!!
    Anyone know of any site, program, or bank that will get me money for procedure?

I live on SSI and husband wrecked my credit before he left!