Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Being so young

1. sweetnichole44
    sweetnichole44
    So I just joined this group and am hoping to hear from some younger people about their journeys with the sleeve. I am 25 yrs old and my doctor says that since I'm so young its likely that I could loose the weight more rapidly then some that are a bit older then me. My questions are for those around my age who have had the sleeve. How rapid was your weight loss and how did it effect your body? Did you loose very much muscle mass? Hows the skin issue? Hair loss? these are questions I'm wanting to ask people in my age group. Thanks for your time.
  2. welshash87
    welshash87
    I'm 26 but was 25 when I had my sleeve. I will say first that I learned quickly not to compare myself to others. Every single person losses as their body feels they should. I lost very quickly at first getting to my goal in 6 months.. However staying to here was a hard because I got lazy after being so excited to hit goal. I had to reel it back in to be where I am today!
  3. ALX92
    ALX92
    I am 22 and was sleeved on the 6th of January I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and my biggest struggle has been remembering to eat and to make what I eat count. If I eat something it needs to have protein in it because I'm not going to be able to eat a whole lot else for a little while. I started getting dizzy yesterday and today and quickly realized that I had forgotten to eat. I only ate around 200 calories the day before yesterday and probably 100 yesterday. Today I am in class and have had a protein shake and that's it. So everyone's struggles are different. If I keep this up I am going to become very very weak and my metabolism is going to diminish to nothing. I haven't had any hair loss yet but I'm not even a month out. I have lost about 20 pounds so far and started with a bmi around 35.
  4. ALX92
    ALX92
    I just realized that you already had your surgery a while ago! I'm sorry. It looks like you are doing phenomenally! I am still learning to navigate this site