Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

loose skin

1. missnikjones
    missnikjones
    Is there any preventative method to avoid loose skin before surgery and after surgery??????#AFRAID of the loose skin afterwards PLEASE HELP
  2. Miek
    Miek
    Just embrace it. I'm down to a 32 waist but can't get below 192. I'm sure I'm carrying around at least 10-15 lbs of extra skin but I don't care. If it really bothers you, then go get yourself a tummy tuck after. If extra skin is the worst thing then sign me up....��
  3. Ardith
    Ardith
    Lose skin was one of my worries, too. I started exercising by walking and swimming. I hardly have any issues with hanging skin, and I've lost 120 lbs. Now, I'm going to a gym 3 times per week and working on my problem areas, like my thighs and arms.
  4. llburbach
    llburbach
    Everyone has loose skin. No matter how small or big you are. I have it but with clothes on you don't really notice it. You can do toning exercises but it will only do so much. There are some people who have make overs to help but I wouldn't recommend that until you are a year or more out from surgery and at your matenience weight. It really isn't that bad when you think of the best results are the weight loss and healthy results.

Best to you,
    Laura
  5. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    Loose skin depends mire on genetic than anything. .. either your skin will bounce back, or it won't. There's not really a way to predict it. I lost 187 pounds about ten years ago and everything was good until the 100 pound mark. After that my boobs started deflating and my upper thighs and upper arms started to get some loose skin.It really didn't bother me that much, oddly enough. I guess I felt so much better that it didn't matter. I'd rather have loose skin than a 400 pound, dying body that holds me back from participating in life. ( Plus I knew that I could get things nipped and tucked someday.)