Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

G'day!

1. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    Gday folks!
    There's eight of us already...we're getting to be quite a crowd!!!!
    So, where's everyone from???
    I'm from Sydney, in the Liverpool area. Anyone near me?
  2. Ldownunder
    Ldownunder
    Hi. I'm linzi and live on SE coast. Not yet had my op - going in on Wednesday this week.....
  3. Gorgeously Free
    Gorgeously Free
    Hey everyone, my name is Wendi and I live in Camden, Sydney - I am going in for my sleeve surgery on 3rd November so only 6 days to go. Is anyone on their pre op diet at the moment ? Any advice would be appreciated as getting rather anxious about the surgery. I am having my surgery at St George Private - has anyone been sleeved there as well and if so how did you find the whole process ?
  4. Robyn Cromwell
    Robyn Cromwell
    G'day, i am from Melbourne, south east suburbs, i am day 11 into my gastric sleeve
  5. cherita
    cherita
    Hi there
    Im in Sydney, Prospect.
    I am going in Monday 28.11.11
    So scared !
  6. fridge70
    fridge70
    HI im from Perth hope you all had success in our surgery...im almost 6 months post surgery these kind of groups would have been useful earler after my op but good to find u all
  7. carmosaures
    carmosaures
    Hi, I'm from Perth.... 13 days post op, so far doing well! Hope the rest of you are too! :-)
  8. Manjie
    Manjie
    Hi, I'm from Blue Mountains, 8 weeks post op and plodding along nicely.... hope everyone is doing great.
  9. stazy77
    stazy77
    Hi Im Stacey and im from Echuca, Victoria and I have a lng way till im sleeved. Im booked in for November 2012 so I hope it goes quick. Cant wait to read about your progress guys.
  10. EarthAngel71
    EarthAngel71
    Hiya, I'm from Bunbury in Western Australia, not yet sleeved but hoping for March 2012
  11. Healthymum
    Healthymum
    Hi everyone, I'm from Western Queensland. Got sleeved on the 28th February, 2012.
  12. Loverlyme
    Loverlyme
    Hi all

I live in Beverly Hills area in Sydney. @HeatherHoney- I work west of Liverpool so travel through your area regularly.

Just joined the site today. My doctor had suggested I look into sleeve gast. a whilst ago but I haven't felt it to be so critical until now.

It is a bit scary- I'm a bit worried about the diet implications. As I said in my profile, I don't actually like most liquid foods (ie soup). Last time I needed to go on a pre-op liquid diet, I made up some asian soups (then strained it), some lite jelly, and some 100% juice. I ended up having about a mouthful of each before switching to water only. I really couldn't stomach the other stuff. So, of course, I'm worried that I'll spend the weeks before and after drinking water only and nothing else.

Anyway, it's still in the investigation period, so I'll try not to worry for now.

I hope you're all going well with your diets/surgery/recovery.

cheerio, Lou
  13. SaguaroSanctuary
    SaguaroSanctuary
    Hi Lou, Have a talk with your dietician, he/she will be able to give you options to ensure you get through the liquid phase. Also with a much smaller stomach, your only drinking a small amount each hour (well that's what I had to do). You should be on B12 & a multivitamin for the rest of your life and this will also help you. Pre surgery was Optislim shakes (chocolate was very yummy) 3 times a day, so that was easy for me too. If your interested in more detailed info, let me know and I'll let you know exactly what I had pre and post surgery at each phase. Take care, Sharon
  14. sarah78
    sarah78
    Hi All!

I'm Sarah and I live in SE suburbs of Melbourne. I haven't had surgery yet. I had to have my band removed 4 weeks ago now after having it for 7 years. I've got my appointment with Dr on Easter Tuesday for info and ? surgery date. My hubby is coming with me who is also considering having it done, would love it if he did so we can journey to health together for our 4 young kids. Glad to find you all and see weight in kg's!! (converting gets a bit tiresome!).

I hope you are all well!
    Cheers, Sarah
  15. Jas
    Jas
    Hi I'm from mittagong, my surgery is in June feels like forever already. Trying to keep fit and eat right before my op, just thinking how I will miss some things. I really hate the waiting !
  16. TUBS
    TUBS
    Bendigo, Victoria Here. Hi all.
  17. BlueAngel66
    BlueAngel66
    Hi Im in Perth. If anyone has had Dr ***** or Dr Thomas, let me know. They are the two surgeons I will be going to see as they have done a reversal of a previous gastric operation, in order to do a sleeve.
  18. SaguaroSanctuary
    SaguaroSanctuary
    Hi everyone, I'm in Queensland - Tamborine Mountain! Yesterday was 3mth post op and today I reached a mini goal - 20kg down! Only 5 more sleeps until my daughters Wedding!
  19. julieperuch
    julieperuch
    I'm from Brisbane and was sleeved in March 2012..xx
  20. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Lynette im 46 from Sefton and due to have the sleeve 21/8/12 by Dr Talbot at St George Private.
  21. donnagirl
    donnagirl
    Hello Everyone, My name is Donna, im 35 and Im from Wollongong south of Sydney. Im due to get sleeved on 1/8/12 by Doctor James Chau at St George Private. How are we all and please do share experiences.
    Cheers
    Donna
  22. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Hi everyone
    I am Amanda and I live in Newtown, Sydney. I am getting sleeved 8 August at ST George Private and any advice, info, would be appreciative.
  23. shellybee
    shellybee
    hi aussies
    hi iam from "fishing point" newcastle area in NSW, would love to talk to other aussies that have done this opt or waiting for one, iam booked in for the 6.11.2012.

would like to here from all of you

michelle
  24. selfmedicated
    selfmedicated
    Hi Everyone, I'm from Queensland, am I'm a month post-op. life is great and all is going well ! For those waiting to, I think we all heal differently but if I had a chance to do it all again, I would !
  25. Juanita4210
    Juanita4210
    Hey Sleeve buddies, I am 5 days post op & very excited about what I have done. I was a lap bandit who had many many problems & got my band removed in May. I had to wait 3 months so now I am sleeved. I am in Cairns & happy to be seeing Kgs instead of pounds haha

Juanita
  26. Kellbell
    Kellbell
    Hey All
    My name is Kel im based in Gladstone but home is the Gold Coast. Im booked in for the 21-9-12 at Greenslopes Private my surgeon is Dr Michael Hatzifotis, has anyone heard of him? Had my initial visit with him Friday 27-7-12,seems like a really nice man very pleasant to talk with.I researched a couple of surgeons and bariatric clinics. My initial contact was with John Flynn at Tugun on the Gold Coast, through talking with them found out that Dr Hatzifotis operates there also.But what swayed me to go to Greenslopes was the $2500-$3000 dollar price different in the same surgery but different hospitals.
    I have battled weight since the birth of my last child 16 yrs ago. I have also gone through 2 lower back surgeries L5 S1 left and right side discetomy/laminectomy 2004 and 2012. 42kg over weight
    Hope to chat with u all soon and hear about ur success and to pick ur brains for info prior to my surgery (if u dont mind).

Kel
  27. cathisoz
    cathisoz
    HI, IM from Warriewood on Sydneys Northern BEaches. Got sleeved on 10 August 2012
  28. Jacki
    Jacki
    Hi I'm from Adelaide and still thinking about a sleeve after having my band removed. Is there anyone out there from Adelaide???
  29. Mini me
    Mini me
    Hi all, I am from Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, anyone from this area?
  30. Sleeve dreaming
    Sleeve dreaming
    Hi everyone, I'm from Melbourne (eastern suburbs) my op is the end of October and can't wait, I've been waiting for my health insurance to kick in. I've just joined to this site
  31. cdazzle
    cdazzle
    Hi everyone Im from Canberra and I will be seeing Dr James Chau in sydney at the end of this month . Donnagirl what are you thoughts on Dr Chua , I know that sounds silly but its a scary thing
  32. Mel79
    Mel79
    Hi there everyone I am from the Atherton Tablelands
  33. Chrispies
    Chrispies
    Hi there, I'm from mt gambier sa. I have my initial appt with the surgeon to discuss getting a sleeve on the 15th jan. I am seeing Dr Clifforths from Hamilton vic. Has anyone else seen him or heard anything about him? Thanks!
  34. aussiemum
    aussiemum
    Hi, I am from Raymond Terrace in Port Stephens. My surgery date is 4th February by Dr Costa Karihaloo.
  35. Veronic
    Veronic
    Hi everyone I live in Bossley Park, Sydney. Having my opp on the 5th of Feb with Dr Loi at st george private, very nervous but excited. Currently looking for a good psychologist to help me through all these changes about to happen anyone know of any around my area or liverpool? thanks.....
  36. inx
    inx
    Hi everyone. Cindy from Hunters Hill Sydney here. I have my first appointment in 3 weeks with Dr Taylor from Oclinic. I am a low BMI but with a number of complications so it is touch and go as to whether Dr Taylor will approve a sleeve. I was very upset when hearing this news but trying to keep upbeat until I know for sure.
  37. Naes
    Naes
    Hi everyone it's so good to meet you all & hear your stories. I'm from Kalgoorlie but had my surgery in Perth 3 days ago! We are staying in Perth for another week to recuperate. I'll be happy to hear from you re your progress. Xxxx
  38. Truebody
    Truebody
    Hi - I'm Jenny from Perth. Joined the site today and doing my research on band vs. sleeve. So far, the sleeve seems to be coming out in front as the better option. My BMI is 38, I'm short and I'm round. I've lost weight before with full on dieting and lots of gym workouts when I had the time to do them. Then I lost 15 kilos by taking pills - those pills have now been taken off the market and now with a full on day job and getting older with a slow metabolism - I'm putting all the weight back on. My weight consumes me - it is all I think about. I'm so sick of it. Looking forward to learning more about the procedures and making up my mind about my next step.
  39. Queensland Girl
    Queensland Girl
    Hi from the Darling Downs. Glad I came across this site! Saw my Doctor yesterday, surgery booked for 3 May 2013. Any tips or hints out there to prepare?

Cheers

Jo
  40. missoprano
    missoprano
    From Townsville QLD, waiting for my insurance to kick in then ill start the gearing up for op procedure.
  41. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    I am from country vic, due to have my sleeve done June 13 in Melbourne, nervous but excited...not looking forward to 2 weeks liquid but a means to the end of one journey...new beginnings, surgery was postponed to July 11.
  42. timeisright
    timeisright
    I am from Townsville QLD also and waiting for my surgery which is booked in for July this year - like most people waiting for surgery I am both nervous about the surgery and the changes to diet etc post surgery but really excited about the expected weight loss and feeling in control of my weight and appetite again after so many years of being out of control and obese. Anyone else from Townsville had or having Dr Bovey for their surgeon?
  43. Kylie78
    Kylie78
    Hi, I'm from SA. Doing loads of research and reading everyone's stories while I wait for my first appointment with the surgeon which is in early July
  44. Manjie
    Manjie
    Hi all, my name is Amanda I've been sleeved for 18 months, it's a great journey with some amazing up's along with a few downs the journey is not an easy one it takes hard work and determination. I have lost an astounding 50+kgs and I love my new body and my new lifestyle. I'm now down to 62kgs and would love to be at 60 kgs doesn't look like I'm going to get there and you know what it doesn't matter as my goal weight was 80 kg's. Please know you do have to put in the hard yards you can not have this procedure done and sit on your arse and do nothing it is a total lifestyle change and we all need to get up off our arses and get ourselves going. DO NOT think of this operation as a quick fix as you will be sorely disappointed, having said that I would not have changed one thing of my incredible journey that has given my my life back. I can now have family portraits taken and not be disappointed , I also enjoyed the photo's taken of me with our youngest daughter @ her year 10 "formal" no more embarrassing photo's (just 1 aspect) So I say hang in there and put in the hard yards, take a deep breath and begin your NEW life, you'll never be disappointed, I also want to let you all know it does take time for your brain to catch up with your body, till this day I still go to the plus size dept in the shop even though I now take a size 10 jeans, patience friends I'm sure it will all fall into place. I wish each and every one of you light and a fast recovery x
  45. Kaysev89
    Kaysev89
    Hey from eastern Sydney 5 days post op now!! Everything going really well. Still on liquids. Can't wait to move onto puréed food. Getting a bit sick of soup for dinner. Any suggestions on dinner apart from soup for my stage?!?
  46. Fatfloydfan
    Fatfloydfan
    My doctor said runny smoothies, drinking yoghurt, milo. How are you feeling? I can't wait for mine. It's taking so long.
    How hard is it to eat? I don't even really chew my food so I have started practicing but it's do hard I guess because I am greedy and eat so fast.
    You could try broth? Maybe an Asian style one. Throw some ginger, lemongrass, chilli, coriander roots, prawns or chicken ect into some water or stock. Cook. Maybe add some coconut milk? Strain very well.
    It makes me so hungry thinking I won't be able to eat something crunchy for 6 weeks.
  47. Angieo
    Angieo
    Hello,
    I am trying to decide where to get my Sleeve done,I cant afford the price tag in Australia,does anyone have any suggestions,i am thinking Thailand or Mexico? If anyone has any good experience with any of these please let me know.
  48. Miss GMS
    Miss GMS
    Hello! I'm in Sydney, Inner West.. going for my first appt today with Dr Clement Tsang... hoping to get booked in asap for op at Prince of Wales Private (but I'm assuming I will have to have an assessment or some other sessions before they give me a date...).... shall see! Thanks everyone for all the info!!
  49. Wenchiepooh
    Wenchiepooh
    Hi everyone who is still here! I'm from the lovely Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. I have my first appointment with who I'm hoping will be my surgeon next Wednesday. So excited!
  50. ladyjo
    ladyjo
    Hi, I'm Jo from the north coast of NSW. i have been to see Dr Taylor in Sydney (Wollstonecraft) and do not have a date yet. i am enjoying reading all of your posts and already nervous but hugely excited about this journey. good luck to you all.
  51. susan_b
    susan_b
    Hello everyone, My name is Susan and I'm from Yokine, Perth. Surgery was 25th July and so far so good. Had a few drama's with energy lag which halted weight loss for 2 weeks, but have that sorted out now.
  52. ladyjo
    ladyjo
    hi Susan. Are you recovering well?
  53. cat2
    cat2
    hi every one im cath, from dubbo nsw....im trying to find a dr in sydney to do the sleeve, i have no health insurance im on a pension, going to the bank to see if i can get a loan, if i could find a dr that will operate in public hospital....may be it wouldnt be so exspencive... any ideas?
  54. ladyjo
    ladyjo
    dear cat
    i believe, and i may well be wrong, that the cost of the sleeve in a public hospital with no health insurance would set you back approx $9000. try contacting the O Clinic in Crows Nest. Dr Taylor will operate out of Concord Hospital. they are very up front with costs etc.
    good luck.
    jo
  55. Thinkfabian
    Thinkfabian
    Hey guys - my name is Andre- I had the operation done this past September with Dr.Taylor over at the OClinic. Couldn't recommend him more. the man is a miracle worker. looking for advice to deal with my luchtime head hunger
  56. AliCat
    AliCat
    Hi everyone, I'm Ali from country victoria. I have just joined PHI and am going to wait out the year till I can get sleeved. Hope the next 10 months flies. Great to read everyone's stories.
  57. Missbent
    Missbent
    Hi All. I'm from the Sunshine Coast Qld. All going well I'll be having my sleeve at the end of January by Dr Ian Baxter at Buderim Private. Has anyone else used him?
  58. Stuart7918
    Stuart7918
    Hello, Perth calling,,,, just 6 days to go, wish I'd found y'all earlier
  59. Stuart7918
    Stuart7918
    Hi Cat, I'm on 457 so no insurance, it's going to cost around $7k for the surgeon and Sleepy doctor, (can't spell) and then you pay for the hospital bed and theatre. I'd budget for $2.5k per night for 3-4 nights
  60. Lijast
    Lijast
    Hi everyone , my name is Lisa , I'm 30 ,a mum of 2 and a wife

I'm from brisbane , I'm getting sleeved March 13th.

Can't wait I just want the time to hurry up