Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Tijuana - Passport

1. MadiSunshine
    MadiSunshine
    Just wondering if anyone can help me out. My mom is planning on going with me, because I am young and I really don't want to do it alone. Also, everyone that we talk to tells us ALL that she'll need to get back to the U.S. is a drivers license and proof of residency to the US, because she doesn't have a passport, and I do. Anyone have a similar experience? Or know anything about this?
  2. dhessy
    dhessy
    It is true that you can cross the boarder with a DL and a certified copy of your birth certificate. I fly there tomorrow and that is all I'm bringing. They can fine you but I haven't heard of that happening. I'm bringing some backup documents, just in case.(old passport, SS card, Army discharge papers)
  3. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    The law States passport... If you want to risk a fine and or delays crossing, you can go with just drivers license and birth certificate. Truth is, they won't keep you there... But honestly I rather get through smoothly and quickly. The passport card is only $35 and super easy to get... That's what my husband used when he accompanied me for my surgery (I have my passport as well)
  4. Stacy'sSleevedLife
    Stacy'sSleevedLife
    Your mom will be fine crossing back to the US with a certified copy of her birth certificate and her Driver license. You do NOT need a US Passport or Passport Card to travel to Tijuana. You do need to declare your US citizenship when you are entering the US. You can do this with a US Passport/Passport Card or a Certified copy of your birth certificate and valid state issued ID or driver license.
  5. Karmalexia
    Karmalexia
    I'm willing to get my passport but how do I obtain this sorry I've never been out of the states and me asking my family members will only create problems probably so my fiancé is aware and hopefully going with me to Mexico so the question is how long should I wait in Order to obtain my passport ? Where do they sale them at ? And how long before there expired? Thanks
  6. Kindle
    Kindle
    I went to my local post office to get my passport. Or Go here to apply and get more info......
    U.S. Passports & International Travel

From the U.S. Dept of State website.....

All adults arriving by land from Canada or Mexico must have a passport.

Either a passport book or passport card may be used.
    All U.S. citizens may apply for a passport card.
    To learn more about the passport card, including how to apply and the differences between the passport book and passport card, please visit our U.S. Passport Card page.
    U.S. citizen children under age 16 arriving by land from Canada or Mexico may present an original or certified copy of his or her birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or Certificate of Citizenship.