Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

July 22nd

1. RoDean
    RoDean
    This is the date of my surgery with Dr. Almanza. Is there anyone else that is having surgery on this day. I have been at this journey since January and up until this month I have been nothing but excited. Starting to feel a little anxious every now and then, but mostly still super excited. I just wish it would hurry up and get here already so I can get it over with and get on with the healing.
  2. Jmduenez
    Jmduenez
    I had mine on 5/29!!! Just removed my stitches. ..and feeling great!!! Good luck to you and don't be scared!! My worst part of the entire ordeal...the nasty drink we had; to check for leaks!!! All in all....ok adventure for me!
  3. Realguera
    Realguera
    i went a year ago i did not lose all the wieght i wanted which was 325 to 200 iam 267 still so ill advise you to find your protien drink now and stick to it like a trooper body fortress is good at walmart 60 gram of protien ill have to go back in about 6 months for a resleeve yes a resleeve so pay the extra 500 or it will cost you 3500 good luck your in good hands and if you have a problem with anestesia like me tell em ahead of tome i threw upa ll nite after surgery
    scary.
  4. dakotagirl97
    dakotagirl97
    I had mine 1 week ago. Surgery went well i did throw up after but thats me after all surgeries but I was up and walking around right after and transferred to the other side of the strip mall where they have more beds. The care and attention was better than I have ever received right here in my own country at the hospital and at the hotel. The nurse is at your side within 2 mins. The gas is really uncomfortable. The day they take you to xray to check for leaks is the worst day. 1st you feel very nauseous and the blue dye you have to drink is the worse tasting shit ever and will leave your teeth and tongue purple for the day. At xray you have to drink a contrast there and it is even worse. Take a bottle of water with you and warn your other surgery friends and after the xray go outside and rinse out your mouth and this helps get rid of the horrid taste. This day you will want to get the anti nausea and pain meds and sleeping pill and the next day you will wake up feeling much better. ps the Chicken broth at the hotel is soooo good make sure you enjoy some at least the night before surgery. After surgery they will have juice water and jello at the front desk anytime you want.
  5. maggie50
    maggie50
    Realguera, why do you have to have a resleeve?
  6. Alanna goat farmer
    Alanna goat farmer
    my date is July 24..me too getting excited about starting this journey!!maybe we will see eachother there...
  7. JennyCOS
    JennyCOS
    That was my surgery date too! How are you?