Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

82% of black women in the US are overweight with 56.6% being obese

1. Ima Fox
    Ima Fox
    Obesity Rates & Trends Overview: The State of Obesity

Special Report: Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Obesity

This data is so sad. With all we have to contend with in general....We really have to love ourselves & each other. I struggle with giving my daughter better guidance. When I say something about her weight it seems like I'm being nagging or ugly, but she is on a bad path. She doesn't want to give up what she likes. When I was her age I didn't have a weight issue.
    A friend at my job talked to me today about my weight loss. I haven't told her about the surgery, but talk about how drastically I have changed my diet to high protein, low carb & drinking water. She said it was too much work & she'll just have to get sick. She actually said that, from her mouth to my ears. I rebuked it immediately, but she already takes several medications. I care about her. I've never hugged her as she doesn't strike me as that type, but I think I will.
    We have to do better by ourselves & each other. We have to save ourselves. Good luck to all. Ima
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    I was once your friend. I have diabetes and I would eat a piece of cake. My sister would say you shouldn't eat that. My response was no problem I will just give myself a shot. It wasn't until my Dr said Diet or die that I took it all seriously.