Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Plateau, already?

1. Jospugjake
    Jospugjake
    3.5 months out, 52lbs down and feel better BUT I have plateaued already?
    I have an increased appetite, am taking in more calories than before (previously 750, now close to 1200), and not exercising regularly (although I am sporadically).

Anyone else struggling?

I'm not getting in enough protein, am sick of my shakes, drinks, and am close to stop eating my protein bars.
    I'm not a good cook and love salads. I'm driving enough liquids.

Physically, I am eating when I know I shouldn't (nothing like before surgery & no junk food) but this is psychologically horrendous (especially the weekends).

Tricks? Advice? Help? I'm bored with food.
  2. mydreamcometrue
    mydreamcometrue
    O my, I had my surgery on 8/6/14 and am going through the same thing...Down 58 pounds and my scal e ahsn't moved in weeks. I am loosing inches. I would love suggestions..Would love to be under 200 by christmass, only 10 more pounds to go.
    thanks for posting
  3. Sharon77
    Sharon77
    I have also plateaued. Surgery 8/28/14, down 56 lbs but like most, my activity is not where it needs to be & I do eat some carbs every day. I just can't stand to eat meat alone. Tonight, I had the toppings off 2 pieces of pizza & 1 small breadstick. Just a small amount of carbs goes a very long way.
    Also, has anyone's appetite changed? Prior to surgery, I LOVED yogurt but can't stand it now. I have not been able to drink a shake since before surgery because they make me nauseated now.
  4. Jospugjake
    Jospugjake
    Yes, Sharon! My appetite has certainly changed. I'm still lactose-intolerant (since surgery) but I can eat much more food now than before. I can't atomach anything I ate immediately after my surgery (during first month); applesauce, ice pops, protein drinks, anything that remotely reminds me of my initial post-surgery foods.

Are we plateauing because of the new foods we crave/can eat, i.e. Carbs?

I can eat carbs more and more each day, which could be my problem. Wheat thins, pita chips, etc... are my fav food. I can't stomach meat alone. Eggs have been my major source of protein (but also fat).

See the nutritionist in a month, maybe it's time I call her. I know she's going to say "increase protein intake".
  5. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    I had my surgery on 8/7/14 and went through a plateau. What I learned is that I needed to add some carbs since I was mostly eating protein. I also needed to not over exercise. The group I go to suggested I switch things around. Eat some different foods, change my exercise routine and make sure I'm not burning all my calories and putting my body into starvation mode.
    I actually cut my exercise in half, and added some carbs and started dropping the weight again. You have to remember your body is trying to adjust to the weight change and will try and creep back up. Don't stress over not dropping. You will. Took almost a month for me. Keep up the good work you've done so far.
  6. Mary29
    Mary29
    Three months out and down 52 pounds. Weight loss is slowing, but loosing inches. My problem is constipation. The doctor told me to take a laxative, & the dietician told me to hold off in the iron while constipated. Exercise? Walking but I have arthritis. Doing some physical therapy so that might change things. Keep working the plan. I hate the protein shakes & regardless what anyone says, the unflavored tastes nasty.
  7. aasam
    aasam
    I had surgery 8-1-14 my weight lose has slowed but still loosing 2-3 pounds per week I'm down 95 pounds. I'm still drinking a shake for breakfast and eating P3 protein snack packs for lunch I eat meat and whatever my family eats for supper for snacks in between meals I eat fruit or beef jerky.
  8. Redab051
    Redab051
    I had surgery on 8-25-14 and I am down 50 lbs. I still do not like sugar, and I can eat just a little more then before. My doctor said by 6 months I should be able to eat about 700 calories. I may eat still about 500 calories and my weight is moving about 1 a week. Going to the doctor today. Last time I was not getting enough protein. Working on eating or drinking more protein... sugar is not my friend or fried foods can't consume them. Hope everyone gets better. I have gone from a 22 to a size 16, lots of inches are gone. Loving it...