Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

3 days post op.: Keep the encouraging words & advice coming please!!!

1. Jospugjake
    Jospugjake
    I want to thank all of you who have been encouraging and positive. I enjoy looking at this link as I am in my post op recovery. All of the advice that is been given to me from this site has been exact.
    Had to take pain meds today but still getting the liquids down.
    Walking a couple times a day but not overdoing it because of the incision pain.
    The protein drink is the hardest to get down, any advice or tricks of the trade to help?

Scale is down 4 pounds since coming home yesterday weighing more (liquid weight?) pre-op.

I am having diarrhea on three day post op is this normal from all the liquids in the hospital? Did some of you experienced this and what did you do to help it since the post op died only allows clear liquids?

Thank you again!!!
  2. Chelan
    Chelan
    Hi I never experienced any pain or diarrhea who was your doctor. I took all my meds till they were gone
  3. Gingermom
    Gingermom
    I am 9 weeks post op. That first week home was a killer. I was totally unprepared for what was happening to me. I too had "diarrhea" from all the liquids. Here's my advice...enjoy it!!! Soon enough you will be wishing you could go!! As for the protein drinks, I find that using the shaker to mix them (as opposed to a blender which makes lots of bubbles, which means more gas) and then putting the shake in the fridge makes it better. GIve it some time to mix and get cold. I use the chocolate Unjury and love it. Take small sips. You will eventually be able to get more in. Take your time. It's all worth it. Good luck!
  4. mnmt
    mnmt
    It's nice to hear "the real story" so I know what to expect. I'm sorry you are in pain. Do you think it's worth it?
  5. Pleasantly-Unplumping
    Pleasantly-Unplumping
    We had bouts of diarrhea for almost 2 weeks from all the liquids. I think for me, the sugar free pops went right through me. Then again, I didn't just have one. First week home was very hard for us. It is all short term, however, when compared to the health benefits in the long run, for the rest of your life. Hang in there...it will pass. No pun intended.
  6. joatsaint
    joatsaint
    Between the gas pains in my shoulder, and Frankensleeve not tolerating any foods or liquids, I literally ate about 1/2 a Popsicle per day that first week. I focused on getting as much fluid (Crystal light lemonade) in as I could tolerate. On day 11, I was able to eat about a tablespoon of Cream of Mushroom soup every few hours... so, 3/4 can of soup per day was my food for about a month. Hang in there, focus on staying hydrated, it does get easier day by day and in a few months you'll be so happy you went through all of this. I don't regret it for one minute.