Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

OCC/Dr. Ariel Ortiz anyone?

1. BridgetS
    BridgetS
    Hello!

Anyone have any input to this particular doctor and location? I am slated for my sleeve on the 19, of Feb - however looking for more input from some others as to their experiences.

Thanks in advance,
    ~Nervous, scared, but ready for a change~
  2. zmdh39
    I looked into them, but ended up going with Dr. Sergio Quinones instead. There are a number of good doctors in Mexico, just do your research and make sure that you are comfortable with whoever you choose to go with. I have written a few article on research and questions to ask. I will post those links below, maybe they will help you. Whatever you decided, do lots of research, and talk to as many former patients as you can. Those are the people who can tell you best about their experiences, things that they liked or disliked, things that may have changed for better or worse. Previous patients of that doctor are a great source of information when weighing your surgical options. Good luck to you dear. Having my surgery was one of the best decisions I ever made, and certainly the best $4,000 dollars I have ever spent.

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/q...s-surgery.html

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/q...ns-to-ask.html
  3. Rades69
    Rades69
    I did research to the point that I feel I was obsessive/compulsive, as I too was scared, especially to go to TJ. Dr. Ortiz and the OCC was, is and will be the best in my opinion. Besides being featured as one of the top VSG surgeons in the world (see Forbes, Nightline and Oprah) what makes Ariel Ortiz different, is his communication. For example, after I returned home from Mexico to Florida, I had a specific question for him. I called his personal cell phone, and not only did he answer, and calmed me down, he called me twice in the next 4 days to make sure I was OK. On my 1 year, he called me to see how I was doing after I sent him a before and after pic on Facebook Messenger. The OCC is great, and the care even at the Marriott in TJ is top rated.
  4. BridgetS
    BridgetS
    Thank you so much. I too have researched for many months and one could say I have been compulsive about it as well! I have watched every video about him and his center, checked his credentials to make sure he is really a doctor. LOL..yes, crazy. But is sounds like you can understand, thank you so much for sharing your experience it does put my mind at ease.

Thanks,