Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Zero energy

1. MandaQ76
    MandaQ76
    Is anyone else having a problem with lack of energy? I am about 21 days post/op and with pre-op habe lost 45lbs. i don't feel as though I am getting enough to eat, barely 650 cals with 45g protein. And I am so tired. I can barely get out of bed; pain level is finally under control. I just don't know if I should call the dr or if this is normal?
  2. RockvilleGirl
    RockvilleGirl
    I had surgery on 6/17 and I am exhausted. I told my doctor on Monday when I went for my 3 week follow up and they said make sure I'm getting in more carbs - try to get 50 g per day. I talked to my coworker who had surgery a year ago in March and she said she was tired for about 3 months after surgery.
  3. hmswsu
    hmswsu
    I had my surgery 6/12 and I'm just going back to work tomorrow (and only at half time) because I have so little energy. I have had to force myself to go to the gym every day and swim. That's all I have energy to do.
  4. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    Are u guys taking B 12?
  5. BigDogMom
    BigDogMom
    I definitely had no energy after my surgery. Have you been talking to the surgeon and the dietician about what you should be eating? My Dr was pretty strict about my after surgery diet: clear liquids for a while, then full liquids, and so on. I did the clears for about 5 days, and absolutely felt like crap! I was so mad at myself for even having the surgery. But I tried some tomato soup (slightly more substantial and has some carbs in it), and I felt so much better. For sure take all your vitamins, and do go ahead and call your Dr for some advice and a little encouragement.
  6. Skinnymini
    Skinnymini
    Hi Im 8 weeks out and still exhausted. Its so frustrating as part of the reason I did this was to have more energy to be able to play with my children. Down 41lbs including 8 presurgery its great but im so tired all the time
  7. Vg1978
    Vg1978
    I am exhausted and only on my pre-op part of the diet. Maybe I should plan on more time off work :/
  8. Katiecarr
    Katiecarr
    This scares me seeing you all so tired and lacking on energy, I don't know how I can pull this off when the time comes. I have 3 girls of my own and we currently have 2 foster children, ages ranging from 2,3,4,4 & 6 They may gang up on me! Is this normal for everyone, for so long?
  9. natex14
    natex14
    I had it rough for a couple weeks, but it wasn't all the time, it would be for a couple of hours and then my energy would return. Everyone is different and your calories intake, water and protein will have a lot to do with how much energy you have.
  10. Mrsdez
    Mrsdez
    I think you need to boost up that protein, I am very tired also but it's better the higher amount of protein I get. I try to get as close to 80 as possible
  11. Danie
    Danie
    I can totally relate to the no energy!! I am sitting at work right now 5 days postop and i feel like i could just fall asleep!!! I am hoping that tomorrow at my 1wk check up they will boost me to the next level of liquid diet so i can get some more nutrients. I must admit that keeping up on fluids and general intake is difficult when you are not hungry. If anything i am more thirsty and would just love to gulp a glass of fluids....but i know i must sip, sip, sip!!! Lol any one have any suggestions for boosting energy levels???

Thanks,

danie
  12. Amy_Lynn
    Amy_Lynn
    I have no energy as well, it doesn't help that my Vitamin D level is at 15, and that is with a 50,000 unit bolis of Vitamin D once a week for 8 weeks. Not real sure what is going on there. I had some labs drawn yesterday and everything is normal. It's just bothersome.