Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Extra Skin anyone?

1. Christinammann
    Christinammann
    I am new to this Forum and was wondering what problems or solutions ya'll have had with dropping the weight and with skin, if being in your 30's helps and that maybe some that elasticity is still there?
  2. ssc22880
    ssc22880
    I have been having some luck with the lose skin. I still have lots of it but it's not as bad as I originally thought it would be. But I knew I would have some as I have had a child and had some on my stomach from that and it has bounced back from the extra weight. I just have the pouch from having my son so I am lucky there. As for my arms no luck and my upper thoughts there's a lot there too.

Congrats on ur decision to have the sleeve. I'm almost a year out and down 99lbs so far. Best decision I ever made.
  3. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    i'm 136 down in 11 months. MOISTURIZE your body everyday, stay hydrated, do cardio, and lift weights! when I get out the shower, put on either Vaseline or raw shea butter over my entire body. Vaseline right after a shower when still a little wet does not leave you greasy. I don't have the baggy arms, my only loose skin in my inner thighs. My doctor said I didn't have much loose skin when I went for my check up which I am so happy. Don't wait until its too late to weight train, start right away. And moisture plays a big part in elasticity.
  4. apythia
    apythia
    I have tons of loose skin from my loss with the lap band. My surgeon said whether or not you have loose skin also depends on where your fat is stored. For me, my fat was stored under the skin and above the muscles, so nothing is really going to help me. It doesn't seem to matter how much I work out or use weights, I just wiggle and jiggle. I guess I am one of the unfortunate ones that will have to save up for skin removal surgery. (And I do use coconut oil as a moisturizer all the time. Swear by it for many reasons.) It's kind of amazing the difference I look when I wear Spanx and when I don't. I think I'm more excited about getting rid of this skin someday than losing more weight with the sleeve.
  5. jduford
    jduford
    Everyone is different. I have sagging skin on my arms, stomach, and inner thighs. After I graduate from college and obtain a job, I will be saving up for skin removal surgery and a breast lift.
  6. MKrause80
    MKrause80
    I worry about this so much with my arms. I have surgery on Nov. 4th my arms a large and It bothers me that I still wont be comfortable wearing tank tops even after I loose weight. I'm hoping that being in my thirties will work in my favor. But I am not going to hold my breath. But I still think the surgery is worth doing regardless of the possibility of extra skin.
  7. Amy_Lynn
    Amy_Lynn
    I have a lot of extra skin under my arms and it really is embarrassing. I have started to lift weights so we will see what happens. Just trying to not get discouraged.