Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New girl in town!

1. Rowbaby
    Rowbaby
    I'm 30 years old, and just started looking into gastric sleeve. I have my first info meeting in 2 weeks! I'm super excited and just praying all works out and I can get sleeved! I've tried EVERYTHING before, been heavy my whole life. I'm just so sick of it! Any advice for a newbie!?
  2. itsmeamy0127
    itsmeamy0127
    I was just sleeved Monday, so I'm in no way a pro, but the best advice I can give is to listen to your doctor and to yourself. This is a big decision to make.
    I was so very nervous about the surgery. You know.....fear of the unknown. But, I feel better with each passing day and I'm still pleased with my decision.
    I wish you luck with your appointment. Learn all you can! Watch videos, read stories....ask questions on here.
    Basically, best advice is to learn all you can. Good or bad.
    I wish you the best!
  3. Angel.A
    Angel.A
    Good luck with your appointment
  4. Nailsinthecityy_VSG
    Nailsinthecityy_VSG
    How did your appointment go? Have you made a decision? My advice is, learn as much as you can about the surgery, but, keep in mind that everyone's experience is different. Some people breeze through the surgery, some find it painful. Some experience extreme nausea, others can eat anything without consequences. Some get heartburn, became lactose intolerance, lose their hair...others don't. It's good to ask questions to get an idea of what others are dealing with;, but just try not to build up too many expectations, because you just can't gauge how your body will handle it.
    I personally have no regrets. I'm happy with my decision, and even happier with my results