Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How much weight loss?

1. sjtilly
    sjtilly
    The information about the surgery said that it is expected to lose 60% of your over ideal weight only. I am 5'2" and weight 260, so for me that is only like 85 to 90 pounds. I understand that is a lot but I want to get down to 130 which would be a loss of 130. The question I guess I am asking is it reasonable to think I will lose 120-130 lbs????
  2. llburbach
    llburbach
    I think your weight loss and goal should be what YOU are happy with. Most of us set a goal and then adjust that goal as we lose weight. I don't think you are unreasonable in your goal.....just be reasonable with the amount of time you give yourself. I wanted to lose 50 pounds and I am giving myself a year to do it, but who knows, if my body likes a certain weight I might just stay where my body determines is right for me.

Laura
  3. Chonda
    Chonda
    My highest weight ever was 314. When I started my pre op diet I weighed 298. I currently weigh 187 and am 8 months post op. A loss of 111 lbs. My dr seems pleased with my loss as well as I am. You lose what u feel is comfortable. For me I'd like to be at 175 and I'd be extremely happy. I can't see myself getting below 150. As I'm bigger bones and it wouldn't look right. You can play with your foods once you get close to your goal
  4. sjtilly
    sjtilly
    Thank you! I really don't want to be heavier than 150. I really thank you both for your support!
  5. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I didn't have to lose that much and am not speaking from experience, but there are people on here who have had to lose a lot and met their goal in a year. They were committed. Ask them their secret.