Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Haters!!!

1. Imblesssed71
    Imblesssed71
    I am getting sleeved on July 14th. I weight 246 lbs. my goal is to be 145lbs. I am sooooooo sick and tired of hearing 145 lbs is not a realistic weight for a black women that is 5'5. Well HELL!!!! I don't want to look like a cracked, abut I want to base a healthy 140-145. Is it unrealistic to think I can loose 100lbs?
  2. chowchowlover
    chowchowlover
    I don't see a problem with that weight.
  3. chowchowlover
    chowchowlover
    I have a question. do you feel our skin has good elasticity.
  4. a2twinsnanny
    a2twinsnanny
    I think that numbers do not mean anything when it comes to how good you look. If you have a big head and lose a lot of weight in your lower body you might look like a bobble head, while another person who has a different frame will look great. So 145lbs is not a black or white thing but a body frame thing. Of course you want to be healthy but feeling good about your appearance is healthy for your confidence

Check out these two websites that helps give you an idea of what a person looks like at a specific weight and height...that will give you an idea of what your ideal weight really is. I know I have always been top heavy so I like to look at my bodygallery because it has real people with real body types

http://www.modelmydiet.com

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like
    have heard that darker, younger, and good hydrated skin has a better chance of stretching back after weight loss surgery.
  5. Imblesssed71
    Imblesssed71
    Thank you!!!! Those websites were super helpful!!!! I think I will look nice at 140. I'm not sure if my skin has elasticity. I guess I need to hit the gym and tighten it up. I have a pear shape.
  6. CandyPants81
    CandyPants81
    My goal weight is 165, BUT that is coming from someone who hasn't been that weight since high school. My body has changed with age and children, so 165 may not look the way I think it will. I think I'm going to set 165 as a tentative goal and go from there. I'm also 5'5" (almost) and my weight is 241.
  7. kgguess210
    kgguess210
    Don't let anyone tell you cannot weigh 145. Everyone has there own goals. You might like your body at a smaller size or abigger size. Right now my family is telling me to stop losing weight but I have not made it to my goal weight yet. I am 5'3 currently 155. when I started I was 210. It has been 5 months since surgery. My goal weight is 130.
  8. Imblesssed71
    Imblesssed71
    Thank you!!! Those words are very encouraging!
  9. Citten
    Citten
    Has anyone gone to virual model.com. You can put in your current weight and goal weight and see what you will look like at different weights.
  10. RonaB
    RonaB
    Try modelmydiet.com