Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello fellow teacher sleevers

1. BethJane
    BethJane
    Hi! I am 12 days post op, nice to meet you all, I've been blogging on my page, if you're interested to browse. Take Care, and Happy New Year! Beth
  2. annc2966
    annc2966
    Hi BethJane! I'm 2 weeks post op today. Are you out of school for the holidays? I have to go back Monday. Happy New Year to you, too.
  3. BethJane
    BethJane
    Yes, I was out of school until yesterday, and taught 2 full days no problem but glad I have this weekend to take it slow, stitches still healing, can feel tiny pulling pains if I move quick or try to pick up something, but I did have two great days at work, I feel just better all over, healthier, I think!!
  4. Jasmine
    Jasmine
    Hi fellow teachers - My surgery is Feb 14th so I will get a 2 week pre-spring break break! I'm interested in how you are managing meals after coming back to work. Any suggestions??
  5. BethJane
    BethJane
    Hi, I don't have meals, I have my drink cups with protein shakes, K2O water, or pudding or jello snacks, that's all for now...and no lunchroom for me!
  6. Mrs_Jabo
    Mrs_Jabo
    Hello fellow teachers! I am getting sleeved June 14. Could not take the time off from school, so I had to wait until summer. I am excited and wish I could have it done sooner, but June it will have to be.
  7. MiMiCeeBee
    MiMiCeeBee
    I am 4 days pre-op...liquid diet begins. I am 63 and a retired art teacher occasionally subbing.
  8. reading mom
    reading mom
    Hi, my last day of school is Fri May 24, and I will be sleeved Tues the 28th. I'm hoping I'll be feeling great by the time it's time to go back in August. I'm feeling a little anxious about the surgery, and there is so much to do to get the classroom ready for the summer. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I just have to get through this week!
  9. raymz55
    raymz55
    Hi, my last day is Fri. May 31st. I will be sleeved on Monday June3...I'm excited for a new beginning!!!!!
  10. shaggy1
    shaggy1
    I am trying to decide on which surgery, and I really like what I hear about the sleeve, but concerned about diarrhea and dumping, does anyone know about these issues? Any suggestions? 47 yr old teacher - 215 now.... thanks, Kris
  11. JRay143
    JRay143
    I am 3 days post-op. I will be going back to school/work in 3 weeks, which will be just about the time I start eating "real" food. Does anyone have any good lunch ideas that are pretty easy? I have access to a microwave and fridge in my classroom.
  12. Leslie L.
    Leslie L.
    I am having my surgery in March over our spring break. I teach 1 st grade virtually from home so I am hoping getting back to work won't be to hard.