Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

6 weeks post op

1. LaLaJones
    LaLaJones
    Hi There,

I sought out a place where I could bounce some questions off others who have had this experience. I'm only 6 weeks out and everything seems to be going ok. I lost 25 lbs at my first post op visit and have another visit coming up soon in mid October. It will be a full month in between and I've only lost 5 lbs since. I'm having a very difficult time eating (like I hate eating now) it hurts even to get soup to stay down. I've been using a calorie tracker and I'm averaging between 300-500 calories a day and I feel like I'm stuffing myself to get that down. I know I need more and I'm pretty sure I'm missing just about every nutrient that I need. I'm definitely going to let my surgeon know, but has anyone else had this same problem? Does it go away?

Thanks so much,

L
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    You can stall. Are you drinking your 64 oz? Are you getting your protein in? At the beginning it is difficult to drink due to the anesthesia. Remember part of your stomach is gone so you can't have too much soup etc at one time. Our bodies react when things are different. You may have stalled because it thinks you are starving it. Just keep with the liquids. You should be on pureed food not solids right now. Discuss this with your surgeon or nutritionist. When I first came out, food did not interest me. I am now 2 months in and I am on solid foods. Even though I think I am eating small amounts, I have eaten too much and threw up the excess. Not fun at all. Are you drinking/eating slowly? That is a factor also. Good luck. Keep us posted.
  3. LaLaJones
    LaLaJones
    Thanks Billy, according to my surgeon's plan, I've been on soft solids since week 5 but haven't adjusted well. My boss actually gave me a protein bar with 20 grams of protein in it. I thought I would try it. Between the bar and the new protein shakes she recommended, I'm able to get in all of my protein and increased caloric intake. I've lost 5 pounds since.