Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I am Ok until 5pm then I feel hungry.

1. babs8
    babs8
    during the day, I'm ok with a cup of coffee, some protein and water and off I go for the day. By the time I eat my 4 tablespoons of food for dinner, I 'feel' hungry, or like I should be eating more. I eat my little dinner, then munch on a protein bar, then have some little tidbit of something else and then I'm satisfied. I think it's in my head, but I get stuck in the evening trying different things to satisfy myself. Anyone else have this type of eating habits? Is it because our Moms made us eat everything off our plates when we were little? Waste not want not mentality? I am still losing, I had surgery August 13th and have lost about 35 pounds. I have many more to go. Thanks for listening to me whine.
  2. Fae
    Fae
    OK, now it's my turn to whine. lol. And I don't think you were whining, just venting, getting it off your mind. Late night eating has been my biggest problem for years. I can eat sensibly all day, but about 8 p.m. I just want to eat! It gets worse the later I stay up. I think working nights for years got me in the habit of eating 'lunch' about 1:30 a.m., and after I retired many nights I was still up about that time, watching tv, snacking. I had sleeve surgery 9-25. Last night I wanted to eat. I wanted something sweet, something salty, something crunchy. I ate a third of a cup of dry honey nut cheerios, one and a half dill pickle spears that were just about ready to be thrown away, drank about an ounce of pickle juice (so good and sour!). I've lost 14 pounds since surgery 9-25, which I'm basically satisfied with. I think I slowed my loss by eating more carbs than I should (yesterday had half of a McD plain sundae. Ate the other half last night when I was having my mini-binge). I do find myself sometimes eating a small amount of food leftover because I don't want to throw it away, so yeah that waste not want not thing gets me sometimes. Congratulations on your weight loss!! I'll be glad when I lose 35 pounds. I do hope that losing rather slowly will leave me with less loose skin. sigh. Good luck on your weight loss journey.