Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

When were you sleeved and how are you doing???

1. Danie
    Danie
    Hi! I am Danie and I was sleeved on 9/11/14. I started at 270lbs and I have my 1 week weigh-in on Wednesday (9/17/14). So excited and can't wait to hear everyone's story!!!

Thanks,

Danie
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Hi Danie. I am 2 months in and 43 lbs lighter. My advice to you is sip sip sip and walk walk walk. Welcome to the sleeved side and keep posting.
  3. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    Hi! I was sleeved 7/30/13, started at 287 and holding steady in the 150's. Welcome to this side and hoping you great success.
  4. jsuggs
    jsuggs
    Hi! I'm on the clock! I get sleeved 9/30. Dr. Wants me to lose 5 more lbs before surgery. You guys keep me encouraged! Started out 406 now 390 buts he wants me at 385.
  5. Lady J 03
    Lady J 03
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Lady J....I was sleeved on 02 June 2014, with Dr. A in Mexico! my starting weight was 266-268 as of
    today my weight is 210, I am so happy you just don't know how this weight loss feels, my surgery went great! a day after
    myself and another young lady walked over two miles (shopping) so Ladies good luck on your weight loss, also on your
    decision for a new you, Take Care! " SEE YOU ON THE SLEEVED SIDE"
  6. Aquafinaflo
    Aquafinaflo
    hello everyone. my surgery was 2/18/14. I started at 248 and currently 194.
  7. dq1
    dq1
    Hello. I was sleeved 2/26/2014, down 55+ and doing well. 20lbs to go
  8. Danie
    Danie
    Amazing!!! Thank you all for your feedback!!! I hope to see more updates and posts! The support and positive success stories are a great motivation!!! Thank you all!!!

Danie
  9. Fae
    Fae
    I will be sleeved on 9-25-14. Love reading all the comments but jsuggs your comment really caught my attention. My doc has never mentioned that I had to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery, and I sure hope that thought doesn't pop into his head! My current weight is 264. In March when I met with the nutritionist my weight was 284, so I have made a little progress. However--I'm on the 1st week of my pre-op diet and it is not going well. I'm allowed 2 small meals a day this week, protein shake for breakfast. Next week is completely fluids. Couple of days ago I was 262. I WANT TO EAT. And I have been eating. I don't know if it's anxiety about the coming surgery, but I can't talk myself into adhering to this diet. I'm beginning to wonder what the response will be if on 9-25 I'm still 264. Or 267, my weight on the day I saw the surgeon and got all my pre-op info. I know I can do better. And I will. Good luck everybody!
  10. nicole jordan74
    nicole jordan74
    Hi im Nicole I got sleeved December 24th , my start was 273 im down to 199. Im happy but ladies wheres my breast!!! I need help
  11. Tee35
    Tee35
    Hi there - I was sleeved on 9/10/14. I was 318 prior to surgery, day of 298, now 293. My weight loss on all liquids post op was low because I did not drink enough grams of protein, per my doc. I need to get more fluids and more protein down. Today was my 10 day post op appointment and I was advanced to pureed foods. Still trying to get the hang of it all but looking forward to great results.
  12. Dejean77
    Dejean77
    I was sleeved on 9/17/14...doing ok so far so good
  13. RonaB
    RonaB
    Hello Everyone, Just joined this group because as much research as I have been doing, I know AA folks are quite a bit different culturally on the weight loss front. My sister and I are planning to have our surgery by end of October if all goes well, so I am doing as much research and asking as many questions from those who have taken the journey. We are working with ALighterme and plan to do it in Mexico. If anyone has worked with this company or can provide your thoughts about your sleeve surgery, your post op struggles, etc I would love to hear about it. I am so glad I found this group, I have tons of questions.!
  14. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    Rona I used A Lighter Me and I still talk to the them all the time. They have been awesome. I am not losing really fast but that is my own fault because some who went me are losing at lightening speed. Its a tool and not a miracle for sure.
  15. RonaB
    RonaB
    Bpulli1 how long were you down there? Trying to figure how much time I will need to take off from work. Sister is going with me and she is seriously considering doing it too. Just don't want to wait until December.
  16. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    Rona I flew down on a Friday and came home on a Wednesday
  17. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    They had siblings doing it together when I was there.
  18. Sleeved W Pfynss
    Sleeved W Pfynss
    Hello I am Pfynss... I was sleeved on 9/4/14... 3 weeks ago... and I am progressing well... I feel better and better each day. Still on liquids and mush. Gashes on my stomach are healing.... just in time for Halloween. My body rejects foods... so that means I try it and if it doesn't agree... I puke. I am having difficulties regulating my bowels... only one bowel movement since surgery... Can you say DISCOMFORT. I am trying to shock my system into regulation... if you have any experience with this please share. But all is well and hope to hear more from you all.

Pfynss
  19. RonaB
    RonaB
    Hello Everyone! I am glad there is a board like this. I have enjoyed going through all the posts in this group. It is great to know there are others like you and have experienced what you have or about to go through. Support and knowledge are wonderful things.
  20. RonaB
    RonaB
    Hello Sleeved w Pfnyss. So you just got sleeved. I hope you will keep us posted on your progress. Especially for folks like myself who are in the process.