Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I have been feeling like crap!

1. Sleeved W Pfynss
    Sleeved W Pfynss
    I have been feeling like crap! I am 7 days post op and I am apprehensive about everything I do. I have experienced some difficulties and really have questioned my decision to get sleeved.

Yesterday, my stomach was enflamed! I am having an allergic reaction to the dressings that cover my stitches and my stomach is rashed up, discolored and bloated like the poor kids in the commercial! I screamed as my guy tried to clean and disinfect my stitches and inflamed skin! What the HECK!

However, I was able to keep down... TWO SPOONFULS OF YOGART, MEDICINE AND G2 (which I know I will have to stop drinking)!

Of course my eyes are bigger then my stomach! I am wanting to cook so bad... I even boiled some water... then took the water off... then looked in the freezer for what to cook... then shut the freezer... then went to the cupboard and looked at all the food I won't be able to cook! Going Stir crazy! I am looking at cooking shows, walking the isles at Walmart looking at Frosted Flakes... straight up grieving!

I THINK THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING.... I AM GRIEVING! I am coming to terms with the fact that I have now committed to a LYFESTYLE CHANGE! And my stomach will discipline me every time I think of Deviating! Feeling kinda down... need encouragement!

Pfynss
  2. Redab051
    Redab051
    Good Morning Pfynss,

Well let me start out by saying I understand how you feel, we all will have a different experience in the beginning, My surgery was 25 of August,I stayed in the hospital 3 extra day and I have an over active saliva glands, where I have to carry a bottle to spit in, and it fills my stomach up with extra liquid. But everyday it gets better. As long as my weight is going down.

In the beginning I could not stand the smell of food, it made me sick, then as time goes on it got better and better. I now cook dinner for my family and I am not tempted to eat it, I do not like sweets either.

Go see your doctor for the rash or is it something you ate? Please take your time getting use to your sleeve, it going to be with you the rest of your life... You can make it,,, and in a few months you will be amazed at the difference. I have lost 26 lbs and I feel great.

I am walk more and working on my knees which are bad. I will keep you in my prays... God got you...lets be friends.

Have some faith in what you are able to do....
  3. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    Awww, sorry to hear you are not feeling good. I hope that changes soon. In my experience everyday got a little bit better and the next day I would notice a little more. I have and still do the same thing, I will go to the store looking for something healthy that fits into my diet and will just walk around. Just try to remember that the restrictions loosen up as you go and when you look back 50 or 100 pounds from now you will think that one or two weeks was worth it. Also, I still drink Gatorade all the time. It was my lifesaver in the beginning because it was extremely hard for me to get the required water in. If it's helping keep drinking it.
  4. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Is it a rash or hives? Let the Dr know ASAP. All of this will pass and you will do fine. Just keep walking and sipping your liquids. Good luck. We are here to support you.