Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Whew.... I am Alive! 6 Days Post Op!

1. Sleeved W Pfynss
    Sleeved W Pfynss
    Whew.... I am Alive! 6 Days Post Op!

I want to start off this post by Thanking All the Sleevers that were there for me and supported me though my surgery and days following. Melinda, April, NM Gyrl and Hubby, Karen, Patty Joe, Nate, Dr. Couple, Football Playa, Re-band-re-sleeved Gyrl and Sweetie that took the long bus trip (Please forgive me about names, but you all were so important to me)! You all provided so much support and encouragement when I was experiencing so much turmoil physically! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I must THANK Dr. Almanza AND HIS WHOLE TEAM! THEY WERE SO REASSURING, COMFORTING AND RESPONSIVE. Of course looking at everything through modernization eyes, and with the resources available to them, they were very attentive, responsive, comforting and took care of my health efficiently. There is a great deal to be said about "Bedside Manner" and Dr. Almanza's Team was awesome.

Hotel TiQuan was very, very, very, very nice and comfortable. I would definitely stay again. I really luv to party and it is in the HEART of it all! I am a Biker Too!!!! Yes motorcycles all night! BUT I was too ill to party... last thought on my mind... but I now know where to go! Please NOTE that if you bring a guest.... YOU ARE RESPONSIBILIE FOR PAYMENT OF YOUR OWN ACCOMODATIONS! I was not made totally clear and only prepared for my guest to pay her portion. this was the only glitch... but the hotel staff let me bitch... then went right back to being awesome to me! They prolly even laughed at me behind closed doors. My friend Karen couldn't get enough of rubbing the great foods in my face! I would recommend the Broth from the Seafood Soup! Great is taste and distraction from the plain ole chicken broth!

I was ill following the procedure... now I know that was coupled with the showing of my monthly cycle. My body rejected all medicines and fluids taken orally and I was physically weak given I had successfully completed the 5 days pre-op liquid diet. THE GAS X STRIPS WAS A LIFESAVER THOUGH!

From Thursday on.... I slept, I slept, I slept, and I slept. I even slept on a brief excursion I took Saturday afternoon to Rosarita Beach! It was a nice get away and it was beautiful to be sitting Oceanside, on the beach with music, vacationers, horses, great seafood and people offering massages and foot rubs. But... after about an hour... I started feeling the worst of it again.
    (I would not advise going to the beach, Dr. Almanza Staff Recommended that I DID NOT GO... but I was hard headed. Hell I was already suffering in pain.)

The medical coordinators were on point with making sure we were informed of where to be and at what time, they gave reminder room calls and I never felt rushed or unsure as to what I was suppose to be doing. They kept the pain meds and antibiotics coming! They were a stickler about cleanliness... if you didn't shower... they were not changing your dressings! Period! This helped a great deal!

We made it across the boarder and to the airport in great time, they arranged for a wheelchair for me the entire trip... and guess what I did on the plain? SLEPT! The wheelchair was handy in that I was physically weak and my body was hurting! I had not kept anything down, not even the pain relievers or antibiotics. G2 HAS BEEN MY FRIEND! G2!

I was ill following the procedure... now I know that was coupled with the showing of my monthly cycle. My body was rejecting everything. I was flowing so heavy... unusually heavy. Everything was rejected from both ends! My body rejected all medicines and fluids taken orally and I was physically weak given I had successfully completed the 5 days pre-op liquid diet and still hadn't had any sustenance to date. THE GAS X STRIPS WAS A LIFESAVER THOUGH!

So... today is Wednesday.... I finally woke up and got out of bed with a bit of energy after only ingesting medicine and G2 since my return! I do a little splitting trick with my tongue to prevent big gulps from being swallowed. This is the only way I can gest down meds. I break open capsule and chew the pain med then SIP!!!!!!

I was able to keep down some chicken broth this morning along with B12 suspension drops and multivitamin. I'm still in pain... but tired of being a woose! I'm moving around today and I am going to listen to my body and take it easy! My support group says this to shall pass and have been coaching me throughout the day!

I DO FEEL LIGHTER! I NOTICE THAT MY BODY DOING SOMETHING!!!! Hmmmmm?

Talk to you soon!
    Pfynss (STLMO)
  2. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    First, welcome to the other side! Sorry to hear about you getting so sick. I wonder if the heavy flow comes from the mental stress of us knowing we are having surgery, I had the same problem. Keep sipping! And hope you are feeling a lot better soon!