Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Reflux

1. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    I am 1 month sleeved and today I ate an omelet for lunch. I have had scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs without incident but today was different. About an hour after eating I started to choke and noticed that I had acid reflux. I tried to cough it up but that didn't work. I tried drinking more water and that didn't either. Anyone else have that problem? Was it too soon?
  2. slrsnewlife
    slrsnewlife
    At about the same time, 1 month out, I started having acid reflux and have been faithfully taking omeprazole twice a day. I was told that the stomach is still making the same amount of acid as it did prior to surgery but eventually it will realize that it does not have to make as much. For now, it is just better for me to take the meds.
  3. Joy48
    Joy48
    I understand I'm 3 weeks out and just starting to get the reflux so now I understand why my Dr. gave me Nexium I just started with 2 a day since I started on soft foods.
  4. Songstress
    Songstress
    Are the meds working for your acid reflux? Mine is pretty bad and i am miserable. Been on soft foods since Monday!