Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sleeve over 50

1. Evonne
    Evonne
    It doesn't look like there has been any posts on this group in a long time. I am new and waiting on surgery and would love to resurrect this group. Anyone over 50 and waiting on surgery?
  2. Blondena Merritt
    Blondena Merritt
    Hello. I am 50 and will be 51 before my surgery. When are you looking to have your surgery. I am from Canada and our waiting times are absolutely ridiculous and so I made he decision to go to Dr. Mario Almanza in Tijuana, Mexico. I researched for over 1.5 years into the different gastric surgeries and at one point was looking at the lapband but it was so expensive and I did not have the kind of money that they wanted here. I decided that I had to make this step after spending 2 weeks on holidays with my daughter and my grandchildren and I hurt from walking, sweating from heat and could not get up from the ground at the beach without my daughter giving me her arm to pull myself up. I would love to keep in contact with others who are going to go through the same things as me so I am here.
  3. Evonne
    Evonne
    Hi there. I am 54 and my surgery is TOMORROW~ I am so excited! I am having the surgery at Mary Immaculate Hospital in Newport News Va. by Dr Anthony Terracina. An amazing physican. We have very little wait time here. As soon as the insurance approves we are on the schedule. I see alot of people with that Dr's name so I am sure you are in good hands. I have one word for the lap band.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I had it for 6 years and it was a complete disaster. I was so misreable. Dr Terracina took it out on May 2nd. Do you have a date yet?