Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre Op diet success

1. cois1234
    cois1234
    Well its been 45 days on my pre-op diet. I have a total of 90 days(Insurance Required) with a weight loss goal of 50 lbs. I am happy I have been really good on this diet. I have lost 40 lbs. Starting wait 391 lbs. today 351 lbs. half way to the 90 days and feeling great. Walking nightly and took a walk this morning. 2000 steps. plan on increasing my distance but just ran out of time this morning.

I am on a 3-2 diet. which means I have 3 protein supplements and 2 meals. I have found that the best protein supplement cost and flavor is PURE PROTIEIN BARS and PREMIER PROTIEN shakes found them at SAMS Club. For my 2 meals I have chicken breast or pork chop or lien (ham or turkey) lunch meat. With either a Salad with 2 tsp. of Olive Garden Dressing or can of green beans. My office staff make fun of me because I eat the same thing day after day. I find it is easier then making choices. and if I go out to eat I will get Salmon or something else but I try to stay away from red meat.

People ask me if I am hungry and for the most part yes but I have been able to manage it. I am having second thoughts about surgery since I am doing very well on this diet, but I remind myself that I have been down this road many times before and I always gain my weight back, plus 20 lbs. I hope to have my surgery in October. Planning on having the Sleeve.

I hope this helps someone trying to make the decision. I feel it is the right decision for me.
  2. Suzizme
    Suzizme
    Good job!
  3. cois1234
    cois1234
    Still at it still loosing wt. now weight 335 which means I am down 56 lbs. I have about 2 weeks left of my 90 day required diet before my Insurance will approve my surgery. Then I have wait 2-4 wks for approval. Once approve then I have to be on another pre-op diet for 3 weeks. I am very happy with my progress.