Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Slow loss with sleeve... Had band removal

1. Shellybelle72
    Shellybelle72
    Hello!! Band removed in June 2013 and sleeved March 2014. Anyone experiencing very slow loss. My Dr said it will be a slower loss than if I hadn't had the band. Just wondering what everyone's experiences are. Thanks
  2. ThisWasForMe
    ThisWasForMe
    Had had my band removed and was sleeve during the same surgery in Oct 2013. My surgeon also said the weight loss would be slow. It HAS been. But I'm not going to complain, because it is at least steady.
  3. Wendylady
    Wendylady
    Hi. I'm having my revision done in May. How slow is the weight loss and why is it so slow? I had fluid taken out in August and gained back every bit of the weight I had lost. Does that seem to make a difference in how slow the loss is with the sleeve?
  4. Thinme
    Thinme
    I had faster weight loss since I got sleeved I had my band placed in 2002 and it took 3 years to lose my weight. I was sleeved in April because I was having problems with the band. My band was self filling ( absorbing fluid from my body) getting tight on my stomach and I got a hiatal hernia. Getting sleeved was the best thing I did. I don't throw up anymore like before.
  5. KeshaM.
    KeshaM.
    I have a revision date from band to sleeve on august 20th, I will keep you guys posted. From what i hear the weight lost is slower, but im assuming everyone is different @thinme I am happy the weight loss is progressional, I pray that I will have the same results. Thanks for the update.
  6. Evonne
    Evonne
    Hi! I had my band removed in May and have finally received approval from the insurance company to have the Sleeve. I am schuedule to have it done September 5th. 12 days!!! I am beyond excited. Getting the band out was the best thing i ever did. My quality of life was horrible. Always an issue. My new doctor has been very encouraging and thinks I will do great with the sleeve.