Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Very little restriction with sleeve

1. Chubster
    Chubster
    I had the lapband for 7 years and lost around 100 lbs. Throughout the years, my band was filled too tight that after frequent vomiting, I had to have an endoscopy. It showed 2 small beginnings of an ulcer on my esophagus. My new doctor never came up with a plan to slowly refill the band, so after gaining 40 lbs., I decided to get the sleeve 4 months later. Six months later, I still have not lost any weight. There is restriction, but not nearly as much as with the band. I have decided to go back to the band once I pay my loan off. The only problem is that my surgeon in Puerto Vallarta said he can't do the band because of scar tissue. Has anyone heard of this? I have researched surgery called Band over Sleeve.
  2. bailey1987
    bailey1987
    I had my lapband for 5 years, had it removed on 6/19 and was sleeved. I lost over 50 lbs with the band, never could find a good fill so I ended up gaining 40 of the 50 that I lost. I started the process getting ready for the sleeve weighing 252, SW 238, CW 216. I am not able to eat as much with the sleeve, there is restriction. I also walk two miles everyday and I attend an exercise class twice a week. I have lost inches, I went from a size 22W to 16 bottoms and L tops. I am on a protein diet and no more than 20 carbs a day. Maybe it is your diet, you may want to see a bariatric nutritionist and start attending support groups, I see my nut once a month and I attend support groups twice a month. It helps keep you focused.