Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

liquid diet

1. lizpuga4186
    lizpuga4186
    I'm not looking foward to doing the liquid diet..good thing I only have to do a week
  2. KariRMacPhee
    KariRMacPhee
    Lucky! I have to do it for 2 weeks. Then 4 weeks after surgery. But it's ok, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  3. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    The program that Kaiser Permanente has is to stay on a pre-op food plan up until the day before surgery. The day before you can only have "soft" foods, like yogurt, cottage cheese, jello, then nothing after midnight. The food plan is about 1200 calories and you start right after you take your nutrition class. Then once you see the surgeon he decides if you've lost enough or need more, then gives you the weight you need to be at for surgery. The hardest part is staying below that weight until surgery. I have been below the weight for 2 months. Thank goodness surgery is Thursday.
  4. Jrlh25
    Jrlh25
    I start my liquid diet on Tuesday and it is for 2 weeks. I also am not looking forward to this part.
  5. clynn
    clynn
    Mine is full liquids so I can have cream of wheat and rice, V8. Skim milk, protein drinks and all no caffeine, no calorie drinks. No limit on quantities. 10 days pre surgery. No birthday cake for me on the 13th but that is ok! So ready for this!
  6. clynn
    clynn
    Update:
    Today starts day 3 of my full liquids. I was up in the night so sick to my stomach I wanted to throw up. I had stomach pain. Was trying to decide if I was sick or whether I was hungry. I got up and took a laxative and went back to bed. I have been constipated and just want it to end. I drink lots of liquids of course but have just added yogurt. Hoping yogurt helps the constipation. Any other suggestions? I have taken softeners in the past and they make me have stomach cramps. The pain in my stomach felt like I had a "hole" in my gut-if that makes any sense. Maybe hollow is the word. I read that after the fourth day this diet gets better.
    Am trying to psych myself out for next weeks surgery. I will remain positive and expect to be uncomfortable for the four weeks following surgery and if I feel good that would be nice too.
    Any suggestions?
  7. ade7870
    ade7870
    I started my pre-op liquid diet yesterday. Protein shakes, SF jello, SF popcicles, broth and lots of water....it's gonna be a long 2 weeks!! Hurry up and get here August 27th, I'm ready!!
  8. Mary29
    Mary29
    Hi 8 days post op and getting stronger. Bored with liquids and protein shakes. Upside: Since last Friday, I see pounds dropping.
  9. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    I'm 2 weeks post op and the doctor has me at stage 3 foods already. Can't believe it. So had refried beans with a dab of light sour cream and was so yummy. Not quite 2oz worth, but that's ok, so much better than liquids all the time. Today I tried some crackers with cream cheese and piece of thin sliced deli turkey. Great went down and stayed down. My taste buds are same, everything same. Just I can feel when food goes into pouch and leaves. Funny sensation in my belly. I think it's the healing process.