Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

new here

1. Shawna 39
    Shawna 39
    Hello everyone my name is Shawna I am new here I had surgery July 10th of this year and it has been a rollercoaster ride for me!
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Hi Shawna, I had mine July 15th. I met with my diabetes Dr and I am off insulin. Yes, it is difficult at first but the benefits are worth the roller coaster ride in the end. Think of this as a journey to a new you. Make small goals and as you achieve them reward yourself. I have been over 300 lbs for quite sometime now. My first goal is to see 299 on the scale. I have 5 more lbs to lose to reach that. Good luck to you and keep posting so we can see your progress.
  3. ltbrwnfantasy
    ltbrwnfantasy
    my surgery will be on the 26th of this month. Started at 275 I have lost 20 lbs since May 1st. during this 3 months I have really changed the way I view food. I dont deny myself just portion control. Im stocked up for after my surgery since Im a couponer lol. Liqid vitamins, chewable vitamins, applesauce & have coupons for baby food but have not bought yet. Protein powder chocolate & vanilla. Im excite buy I know the day of I will be nervous as heck ! Great to hear Billy. Like Billy said in the end it will be all worth the struggle. In the words of Fredrick Douglas “If there is no struggle, there is no progress." Best of luck & hang in there Shawna.
  4. TParker_Houston
    TParker_Houston
    I am still fighting my insurance company, so I can have the sleeve, despite have a 39.9 BMI, diabetic and hypertensive...they'd rather pay for the prescriptions than to pay for the surgery I guess - ugh. My pcp recently referred me to Baylor College of Medicine to Dr. Holder-Haynes and I hope my appointment of the 21st of this month will prove to be productive and I can get the ball rolling towards having the procedure I've been fighting for, for years!