Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Canadians!!

1. sassylassie
    sassylassie
    Just wanted to say hello from Alberta!
  2. kierasaurus
    kierasaurus
    I am in Alberta as well, what city/town?!
    Edmonton for me
  3. sassylassie
    sassylassie
    I am in Grande Prairie
  4. Skinnyincalgary
    Skinnyincalgary
    Hi I'm in Calgary and my date is for oct 6 with dr Garcia !
  5. vettebaby
    vettebaby
    Hello All, I am also in Edmonton and was sleeved on April 16/12 in Mexico
  6. Plumpalicious76
    Plumpalicious76
    Hello everyone! I'm in fort mcmurray and I had my surgery sept 15, 2012. Had my surgery in Mexico with Dr Almanza
  7. AlbertaGirl72
    AlbertaGirl72
    Hi All! I am a newbie to Fort McMurray and had my surgery February 15, 2012.
  8. AlbertaGirl72
    AlbertaGirl72
    Hi All! I am a newbie to Fort McMurray and had my surgery February 15, 2012.
  9. AlbertaGirl72
    AlbertaGirl72
    Please ignore the duplicate posting there, apparently my computer hates me today!
  10. breastcancermedic
    breastcancermedic
    I work as a paramedic in the oil sands and have a Jan 21 date in Mexico, would love to hear your thoughts and advise on the cross border
  11. Feather370
    Feather370
    Hi all. I live in Calgary and have been part of a lucky few to get my sleeve covered here. My surgery is on March 11 and I go through emotions of excitement and nervousness. I start my pre op liquid diet on the Feb 25. I am a bit nervous of that but I am sure I will get through it. Anyhoo just wanted to say HI!
  12. Lissy
    Lissy
    Any bc'ers out there? I'm from the lower mainland and got surgery on February 7 in Seattle, Washington.
  13. CHRISTINE
    CHRISTINE
    Hi, I'm from the Lower Mainland. Who did you have surgery with? How are you feeling? I am booked for April 16th in Montreal, starting to get scared a bit now. What protein powder did you purchase? Are you having any trouble getting all the water in daily?
    Thanks CH
  14. frenchlips4u
    frenchlips4u
    Hi girls,
    I'm from Montreal and will be doing a road trip with my hubby in September cross-country. We will be doing to Calgary. Let me know if some of you want to meet up so we can share our experience so far! All I can say is don't give up.
  15. JOYCECANADA
    JOYCECANADA
    Hi to all my Sleeving Sisters and Brothers
    I'm from Saskatoon and will be sleeved on the 22nd wow two more weeks. I will be going to Mexico and Doctor Almanza will be doing my sleeve. I pray that everything goes GREAT. I got all my Meds together, Has anyone had their sleeve done yet and if so did you feel cold after surgery should I bring an extra blanket with me. I hate being cold, I was told to bring my own pain meds as well because the pain meds in Mexico can be very pricey.
    If anyone whats to stay in touch with me that would be cool.
    Hay frenchlips4u when you and your hubby come through SK that would be totally cool to meet you stay in touch.

Well thats it for now God Bless and take care to all my Sisters and Brothers

Joyce
  16. Scully2569
    Scully2569
    Hi,
    I am from B.C., I live in Maple Ridge. I had my surgery on June 10, 2013. I have been waiting almost 5 years for surgery. I lost 45 lbs on my own before surgery. I have nay lost 24lbs in 8 weeks, most of that was in the first month, I have only lost about 3-4lbs in the last month. I think maybe something is wrong, I am getting discouraged. Does anyone know of any local support groups?
  17. The_Redhead
    The_Redhead
    Hi. I'm from BC (Lower Mainland - Surrey). I'm hoping to have sleeve surgery in October with Dr. Almanza in Tijuana.
  18. kdgetssleeved
    kdgetssleeved
    Hello! I'm Coming from Orangeville Ontario. Surgery date is October 14 2013 with Dr. Almanza.

How's everyone doing? Have you had our surgery? Or are you still waiting and super anxious like me? lol

19. maani
    maani
    Hi all,
    nice to see all the Cda folk out there! Im in Ottawa Ontario, the NCR! Still no date set yet...still working in getting the funds saved but im working on it Nice to see another Ont person getting sleeved in October! congrats
  20. ButterflyV42
    ButterflyV42
    Hi I am from North Battleford, Saskatchewan. I was sleeved on August 26th, 2013 and I am 20 days post op Glad to have found this group
  21. Shirleybird
    Shirleybird
    Hi I am from Perth, Ontario. I will be sleeved on Oct. 11th 2013. wow time is flying now and I am very excited.Nice to see some Ontarioits. Good luck to all.Shirley
  22. OmShanti
    OmShanti
    Hello from Northern BC I'm having surgery with Doctor Almanza on November 5th, am as excited as can be. 45 days and counting til my new life begins. Best wishes to you all, sleeved and nearly sleeved.
  23. orsola
    orsola
    Hello every1 I am from BC living in Burnaby and going in on the 24th of October with Dr Almanza
  24. Cyndy-loo
    Cyndy-loo
    Hi from Saskatchewan/Alberta Boarder. I live in a small town of 1000 people and know of no one who has had this done. I am going to have the gastric sleeve done on Nov 11 in Mexico with Dr. Almanza. Anyone else going down there at that time?
  25. janetm
    janetm
    I'm from Nova Scotia and getting ready for my sleeve surgery in mexico with Dr. Lopez on November 4 ... anyone else heading to Tijuana in early November?
  26. Dair67
    Dair67
    Adair from Saskatchewan here and I have my sleeve with Dr. Ortiz through A Lighter Me on November 11, 2013. I met him in May when I travelled as my sister's companion in May. The hospital was clean, the staff was very good and I really liked Dr. Ortiz. Abraham and Eduardo from A Lighter Me were great!
  27. prairie_dispatcher
    prairie_dispatcher
    Greetings from Edmonton, AB!! I am travelling to Mexico to be sleeved by Dr. Pompa on Dec 10, 2013!!! I am excited and nervous all at the same time!
  28. Cndgins
    Cndgins
    Just wanted to say hello from Winnipeg, surgery Dec 3/2013 Tijuana with Dr Ramos Kelly
  29. Alice101
    Alice101
    Hello everyone! I'm in Edmonton, and I get to leave on Thursday for my surgery on Friday, Nov 22/13! Start my pre-op liquid only tomorrow. I'm heading there alone (daddy's gotta take care of the kidlets) and having the surgery with Dr. Valenzuela. Also, if anyone is interested in a clothing swap please let me know and we can try and coordinate something. (another surgeons facilitator does this and I thought it was a good idea)
  30. mrsomaha
    mrsomaha
    Greetings from Edmonton!! I had my surgery March 18th, 2013 and am heading back January with my sister-in-law, Good luck to all of you with your upcoming surgeries! I am so happy I had it done and hope you all have the same results and are happy with your decisions, just stick to your plans and follow those pre-op diets and you will be fine.
  31. doflicker
    doflicker
    I'm from the Grande Prairie area.
  32. gem2
    gem2
    Hello I'm from Cecil lake, BC
    surgery is booked for Jan 20th 2014 with Dr Almanza
  33. bigmomma1985
    bigmomma1985
    HELLO FRIENDS!
    I am from Gatineau QC!
    will be getting sleeved on December 16th 2013 in Montreal QC!
  34. mjumpire
    mjumpire
    Hello from Moose Jaw....

I'm taking a different route and arranging for the gastric sleeve in L.A., yes it's 4 - 6 times the cost in Mexico but I guess it's a case of being comfortable with the doctor. Dr. MIsra, is from Saskatoon and is now working in L.A., she was recommended by my cardiologist. Just wondering of anyone in this group has had any concerns about the assembly line type of service and after care? I know I'm in a different situation having had 10 stent, 2 balloons and a quintuple by-pass but have never had a heart-attack. Just thought would throw it out there.
  35. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Hello from Calgary,
    planning on getting sleeved in April with Dr Ortiz
  36. Doddsy
    Doddsy
    I'm in Calgary and having my surgery on March 5th here in town with Dr. Phillip Mitchel
  37. karenl3
    karenl3
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm in Calgary.
  38. Fat_Free
    Fat_Free
  39. Fat_Free
    Fat_Free
    I am in Edmonton

[URL="http://www.gastricsleeve.com/weight-loss-ticker/"][IMG]http://www.gastricsleeve.com/weight-loss-ticker/Fat_Free.gif[/http://www.gastricsleeve.com/weight-loss-ticker/Fat_Free.gif
  40. Tropical angel
    Tropical angel
    To be sleeved on March 2 in Tijuana, Dr. Quinones. Hello from Gatineau, Hull