Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr Quinones

1. RachelMarie
    RachelMarie
    Why are you no longer endorsing the use of Dr. Q for WLS?
  2. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    who is no longer endorsing him ? i had a great experience .
  3. Luann
    Luann
    When you click on Mexico Sleevers, it's from the forum in the first 3 sentences / intro to the forum. I've wondered myself.
  4. Ty_Edwards
    Ty_Edwards
    Yes, why are they no longer endorsing him? I hate when statements like this are made with no explanation!!!!
  5. RachelMarie
    RachelMarie
    Girl, who are you tellin? I'm havin my surgery with him either way but still. I would like to know why.
  6. Shannon2
    Shannon2
    Hi, I just joined the group and see where some are discussing Dr. Quinones? I spoke with his coordinator Bill Yanez and felt a huge weight of worry lift. I had been considering Dr. Almanza but never felt "right". If someone knows something that we should consider, please enlighten me Thanks!

Shannon
  7. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    Well I'm 3 months out today and everything went great
  8. stacya1971
    stacya1971
    I too was curious...I have heard nothing but positive things about Dr. Q...not to say the other doctors are bad or anything like that. I am having surgery with Dr. Q on 4/8.
  9. RachelMarie
    RachelMarie
    I know. I am soo excited. I just cannot wait!
  10. ashlie
    ashlie
    I also wondered.

The top of this group says "Having a sleeve done in Mexico? Feel free to join and let us discuss experiences, concerns, thoughts, and more. No longer endorsing the use of Dr.Quinones as a WLS for patients looking to be sleeved."

I also had a great experience with him and would HIGHLY recommend him!
  11. adennis0421
    adennis0421
    Ashli - can you give me some info on your experience with Dr. Quinones? I've decided to have my surgery in Mexico and I'm in the process of making a decision on a doctor. I've been leaning towards Dr. Ortiz, but I've heard great things about Dr. Quinones.
  12. sHellsBells
    sHellsBells
    I too am having surgery with him on April 25th. I was first looking at another surgeon, also not well known but well recommended. Once I started speaking with Bill I too, like Shannon2, felt "right". He put me at ease both with my decision to move forward as well as my decision to use Dr Q. I very much like having a coordinator who really knows his stuff, a doctor who genuinely seems to care about each patient and having a private room is a huge bonus!
  13. happyhabit
    happyhabit
    I had surgery with Dr Q last May. I am THRILLED that I picked him. Low # of surgeries a day, excellent staff, will answer any of my questions even today if I had them, Dr Q had great bedside manner (actually wanted to stick him in my pocket and bring him home with me lol), Coordinator Bill is awesome to talk with,No hidden costs, safe and clean. Who could ask for anything more???

I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns, just PM me
  14. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I was one of the first patients you can find of Dr. Quinones with a testimonial, the reason ANY OF YOU even know his name came from me. I created a group for patients and made someone a co-administrator and they stole the group from me and everything I put into the group and the patients aftercare. After working with him all the thought he was great ended, and he allowed a lot and did nothing to stop it. I know everyone I helped learned his name from patients speaking of him, but before me you will only find maybe two people who even spoke of him, and I was the only one who you could contact and speak to that even used him. I feel like the staff did me very wrong especially all that I brought to a no named doctor. I also helped his current staff with learning about the Surgery as they knew nothing. With all the issues and patients contacting me thinking i ENDORSE him still i was letting everyone know I no longer do. It was big that he did not want any endorsing from me or any thing I was involved in, which I agree. I moved on and found another surgeon that will be endorsed here by San Diego Doctors, and Clinicians to the validity of credentials, accreditation, experience, etc. and that is my main focus getting established with someone who shares the same ethics and morals as I do. I now see how important that is, and I am just trying to put the Dr.Q negative experience behind me. For more information, as far as questions you can hit my inbox. I am not taking away from anyones experience but to each their own
  15. SweetDejavu
    SweetDejavu
    I will be getting sleeved by Dr. Q November 13, 2014! I can't wait!