Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

No one is talking!

1. Citten
    Citten
    Hi I joined this group hoping for insight and understanding. However, no talking appears to be going on! I know we are busy with life but we're here for a reason. There are so many things I hope to learn that I only feel I can ask you (like will my hair still fall out in twists)? Can I still eat greens and a small amount of potatoes salad? Come on ladies (and gents) open up the discussions!
  2. sweetie1220
    sweetie1220
    Of course you can. I find If I do not eat what I have a taste for, I will become fixated on it. So I have what I want, it will only be two to three spoonfuls and that satifies me. Then I go back to eating what I am supposed to eat, proteins first and then everything else ....which is not much right....lol
  3. tasha40
    tasha40
    hey you can have what ever you want. its now in much smaller portions. my hair has not fallen out because I started before I had my surgery taking botin. it strengths hair and nails.
  4. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    Hi...I still stick to the diet my doctor gave me. I made low carb high protein a lifestyle. I was sleeved 9/10/13 and is now down 133 lbs. I joined different weight loss groups on fb (like low carb groups or other fitness groups). It's nice to exchange ideas so you don't get bored with the same foods. I exercise 5 days a week for 2 hours, 1 hour cardio and 1 hour weightlifting. I still take my vitamins and haven't noticed hair loss except some temporary shedding around month 3. I keep all my follow-up appointments and nutrition classes. Mine is 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, then yearly afterwards (no class at 9 months).
  5. Maurice.Hull
    Maurice.Hull
    Well I am a African American male here to say the surgery worked well for me, I still got some work to put in but I am satisfied thus far with my success. And I will say this the Gastric sleeve is better than the lap band, and bypass once you get through your first months you are back eating those things you love just not as much as you did before. Also it trains your body to say No! to certain foods I used to love fried foods but now I want grilled and baked I don't like going to fast food restaurants anymore because its a waste of money since my surgery and I for some reason my stomach does not agree with burgers or bread they both come right back up and it has been working for me.
  6. Maurice.Hull
    Maurice.Hull
    @citten Yes you can eat mostly all those foods you love but you may want to watch how you prepare them, you like using hamhocks instead use smoked turkey and use olive oil mayo instead of regular little things like that will help . If you haven't had the surgery yet I will tell you that your first few months will be hell but after those newborn days becomes better healthier days and some of that junk you ate before you will find yourself not wanting it anymore.
  7. Citten
    Citten
    Thank you Maurice but if I don't eat the meat in the greens does it make a difference. I only use smoked ham hicks for seasoning.
  8. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Well if you have any questions about this journey please feel free to ask me. I been busy lately and trying to plan a move so I will periodically check or try to change my settings to receive notufications from groups. I am over 2yrs put have not gained any weight, my scars have shrunk down. I still can not eat a pack of top ramen witjout feeling I stuffed myself. I did not have any plastic surgery done but I do need to practice a better lifestyle to incoporate a daily workout regimine
    I lost olabout one hindred pounds. I have no regrets to having went to Mexico and having a weight loss procedure done
  9. Joy48
    Joy48
    Don't know why I did't see this group earlier, Hello all my surgery date is 7/28 tomorrow so at this time I will be in recovery and successfully sleeved, I'm going to Mexico with Dr. Rodriguez and Star Medica I went through Beliteweight , I had support but they had to bail last minute so I'm going by myself so I had joined the flying solo group , and a few others I ended up today scrolling a little further down and joined this group , our bodies are different and can maintain and distribute weight differently , but I have gotten tired of you carry your weight well or such a pretty face , and I 'm done with yo-yoing. My highest weight has been in the high 250 range but at 5'2" that still is a size 24 and my closet right now is 14 to 24 Before the pre-op I was weighing 224 I blogged it earlier ,today weighed in at 213.9 , I'm more anxious than scared I think but I'm ready I have read through several post that have put me a bit more at ease and thank you for your honesty .
  10. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Good luck on your procedure Joy48. I see a great many people went to Mexico and are doing just great. My insurance would not cover this so I paid cash here in Texas. My cardiologist begged me not to go to Mexico. The thought actually never crossed my mind. I had a great Dr. here but I wonder how much I would have saved if I had chosen Mexico.
  11. Joy48
    Joy48
    Hey I have been sleeved ,did it in Mexico I'm 2 days post-op 207.6 , I have Insurance ,but they refused to pay for any bariatric surgery,which apparently they don't want healthy clients so I paid out of pocket after doing some research and here in Houston on self-pay they wanted all up front so I went through an agency Belite Weight and got good references and who the Dr. was and his history which I got the info outside of their site as well. I paid 500 down and 3000 when I got there plus I still have just a little more to pay over the next few months, I am doing really well and had no complications. So the journey continues
  12. Citten
    Citten
    Well, I'm now a loser. I am 2 days out and now home trying to outwalk the gas. In no pain other than the gas and happy I did this.
  13. Citten
    Citten
    Well, I'm now a loser. I am 2 days out and now home trying to outwalk the gas. In no pain other than the gas and happy I did this.