Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Stitches

1. Empress
    Empress
    So we have to remove the stitches ourselves.... I don't think I am capable of removing my own stitches. Do you all think that if I just go to an urgent care facility they will help me? Where did those of you who have already been sleeved go? Or was it difficult to remove your own?
    Thanks for the info...
  2. Bobbi
    Bobbi
    I tried a couple stitches on my own and couldn't do it. I went to urgent care and they were more than helpful and I was in and out in 30 minutes. I highly suggest getting a professional as it didn't hurt at Allan's they can give special bandage strips that help the would to heal properly.

Good luck!
  3. DanellefromTexas
    DanellefromTexas
    I did it myself but I suggest going to a professional if you feel uneasy about it.
  4. Empress
    Empress
    Thanks ladies!
  5. secretblonde
    secretblonde
    my daughter took mine out for me.... they werent all ready to come out at the same time.. so we did 3 one day ... and two a couple days later....
  6. Terps
    Terps
    My primary care physician is doing it. I was scared sharing what my plan was but then was very supported.
  7. Ronagirl1016
    Ronagirl1016
    I had my stitches removed today & my PCP said I was having an allergic reaction to the sutures. This has happened to a few other girls that had the surgery on the same day as I did. No worries now, healing beautifully!!!
  8. newme18
    newme18
    Does it hurt when the stitches come out? It looks as though some of my scabs are starting to for around the stitches. Was this a problem for anyone else?
  9. Terps
    Terps
    I had a little bit of scabbing on the larger incision area. It took a bit longer and there was a little bit of poking...didn't really hurt, just annoying. I had mine taken out 9 days after surgery.
  10. Empress
    Empress
    ---Update---
    Stitches are out!!! I started last night. I disinfected some nail clippers and tweezers and cut and pulled those things out! LOL don't make fun of my tools! Anyway- I had two that my skin had already covered so I went to urgent care this morning and the doctor took them out. My stitches didn't bother me, but for some reason I'm really happy that they are out :-)
  11. Terps
    Terps
    I can't believe you did it yourself...you're a brave woman!!! I agree, it feels great to have them out! Another accomplishment along the way.
  12. ally12867
    ally12867
    Hi All... I had Dr. Rodriguez as my surgeon and didn't have sutures on the outside. they used dermabond to close my incisions; however, I do have stitches on the inside that are supposed to dissolve. It has been 3 weeks and I can still feel a knot where the stitch is. Did yall have inside stitches also?
  13. llburbach
    llburbach
    All of my stitches are on the outside and I cannot wait to get them out. They poke me and are just uncomfortable.