Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Getting a little anxious

1. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    How long did you all take before getting back in the saddle after surgery. Obviously, I am not doing anything I am not supposed to do physically because it is not worth the risk, but boy am I getting a little anxious to hop back on. LOL
  2. Kindle
    Kindle
    I guess I would go by how you feel and what your surgeon says. My work partner was cleared to ride 6 weeks after her hysterectomy. I didn't ride for 4 months because it was winter, so not sure how soon I could have ridden if I didn't have weather limitations. But I'm making up for lost time. My 4 hour ride turned into 6 hours yesterday. The batteries in the GPS went dead so we got a little lost. My butt bones are a little bruised...never thought I'd miss my "padding". Here's hoping you're back in the saddle soon!
  3. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    Thanks! I have an amazing memory foam bareback pad I like to use for the cushion too! I have an appointment with my surgeon on June 17th, which is my 5 week mark. I'm hoping for clearance, but it seems the 8 week mark is his favorite "healing" time. We shall see.
  4. RRT
    RRT
    Howdy.
    My Doc told me 2 months. But I had complications. And I can't ride the horse I have because her front legs are messed up from an injury. Im saving up to buy another horse. That will take time. sigh.
  5. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    I am so sorry about your horse's legs. Any horse friends with an extra to ride to at least get a riding fix now that you are healthy?