Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

2nd week since surgery, trying to get protein in, worried about gall bladder!

1. kpayden2000
    kpayden2000
    I'm feeling pretty good since surgery on the 11th, I swear I feel totally normal, that is until I try to eat....I'm really going to try to get my protein in this week but I'm sick of my shakes....any suggestions? I'm on the puréed stage until my 4th week. Having no trouble getting my fluids in. I do get this uncomfortable feeling in the center of my chest if my food is too dry and I definitely can tell when I'm full.....I get hiccups like crazy. I heard that 50% of WLS pt. need their gall bladder removed, I hope this pain I'm feeling isn't my gall bladder acting up.
  2. lizann
    lizann
    Sounds normal. I am 2 and a half weeks out. Last week I was feeling like everything you said. I have follow up appt Thursday, Doc reassured me i am doing fine and will feel even better this week and he was right! Plus I can have "soft foods" which helped my mood. I am eating things like meatballs, tuna or those Banquet individual meals with Salisbury steak, (i can only eat a few bites), BUT it good to have REAL food again. I can't believe I am not hungry...I almost gotta remember to eat. Before I was always hungry! LOL
    Good Luck!
  3. lizann
    lizann
    Correction I HAD follow up last Thursday. (should have proofread 1st! )
  4. lizann
    lizann
    Oh and Doc said to take Pepcid for burping,etc...they have a chewable. It worked for me! I was burping all day and would wake up at night with burning throat and burping..
  5. ally12867
    ally12867
    I am on pre op diet right now, surgery June 30. I found a couple of shakes that I really like. I use whey powder because it is low carb, and I use unsweeetened Coconut milk and ice, blend and it tastes like a pina colada... My other favorite is to freeze coffee into ice cube trays and then with my whey protein powder and almond milk, drop in the frozen coffee cubes instead of ice and blend... yummy...