Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

bye bye band

1. frannii
    frannii
    Last year around May 2012 I had to have emergency surgery because my band had slipped very very bad, i did not eat or drink water fo 7 days. Lost lots of weight very fast but i was hospitalized and was 8 weeks pregnant, thank god everything went well, but MY BAND came off and i miss my security so much, however I had my baby boy, who is very heathly and almost 6 months, I have scheduled my sleeve surgery for July 11, I am so excited in Tijuana, with my band doctor i trust him and he is going to take care of me, the clinic name is Obesity Good bye, they are great! Before I got the Band i weighed 289 lbs, went down to 180, then when my band slipped 160, went through pregnancy highest weight right before birth of baby 230 now i weight 218, very excited lets see my new journey!
  2. sljt68
    sljt68
    Good luck to you frannii. You will like the sleeve much better. The band can be very uncomfortable with certain food and even going back and forth for adjustment. Now when I am full. I am full! No worries no throwing up stuck food for me. The only time you will have a problem is if you eat the wrong foods..chocolate, breads etc..can cause dumping syndrome and that is not fun. I think you will see the difference quickly! I gained weight with the band cause I could only eat food that would not get stuck..like ice cream!! LOL anyway all the best!
  3. frannii
    frannii
    thanks, i hate throwing up it was always a problem, then i would go out to eat with my partner and kids, and he already knew my face if i had to throw up, it was like a bad habit i knew that if i ate something i wasn't supposed to i could just throw it up very bad habits i am so excited
  4. LouieMac
    LouieMac
    I was the same way with the band, I could not eat pizza, bagels Breads! I lost over 90 pounds on the band but it slipped and removed in March (gained 25lbs Back), I am getting sleeved on the 15th of July.
  5. Wendylady
    Wendylady
    I know this is an old post but I'm grateful to read it because I have felt like such a failure with the band. Nice to know it wasn't me but the band.
  6. bailey1987
    bailey1987
    I was able to have my lapband removed and I was sleeved on 6/19, I am a little sore. I was sent home with a drain which is a pain. It leaks quite often so I have to watch it to change the bandages. I have to get used to sipping liquids and not gulping. I cant wait for the weight loss to start. I have no regrets at all, a little bit of pain is worth it.