Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

7weeks out

1. Michele Kaye
    Michele Kaye
    I'm feeling great. Weight loose has slowed but still it's going in the right direction. I do need to do some exercise besides work (RN ). Down 35 lbs since the beginning of this journey!
  2. Lmtjude
    Lmtjude
    Congratulations. I, too, am 7 weeks out. I also need to exercise more. Ugh! Food is a big problem for me. It seems everything gets stuck. The liquids are fine. I am sure that this too shall pass.
  3. Mmcmillian
    Mmcmillian
    I'm 9 weeks out, feeling better but still have those days with a little nausea. I have had a few bouts with dehydration, have a real problem drinking anything. I have gotten addicted to nugget ice, guess its better than nothing. No problems with food, just thought I would be eating more by now. Down 43 pounds so I guess that is going pretty well. Congrats to you both!
  4. Paulette21
    Paulette21
    Wow...you are all doing so well!! I am down 25 lbs. since the surgery (April 4th) but I lost 10 lbs. during the pre-op diet and 17 lbs with WW before that for a total of 52 lbs since January. Have lost 43 lbs since the surgery? I know I shouldn't compare myself to others but.....I don't have a point of reference. I want to make sure I am at least about average.
  5. Kodi's Mom
    Kodi's Mom
    I am 63 days out. I am down 65#'s and other than meals being really small, I don't even feel that I had surgery--no pain, no complications. Go for my 3 mo check on the 26th.
  6. sHellsBells
    sHellsBells
    Friday I will be 6 weeks out. Still not drinking enough ! I've lost 24 since surgery and 35 since pre op. I've been stalled for a week now. It's driving me nuts. I think it could be due to not enough water and not enough protein. Hopefully I'll break the spell soon. The old way of thinking sure comes back easy though - "hmm, maybe I'm eating too much". Ha ha - nopers! 2 oz cottage cheese for breaky, some tuna or chicken for lunch, snacks in pm and evening of cheese or Greek yogurt. Not too much I'm sure. I also walk about 4 miles a day. What an epic journey!
  7. Paulette21
    Paulette21
    sHellsBells,
    Same here...I am 8 and 1/2 weeks out and stalled. Actually last week I gained two and a half pounds. So I guess technically speaking I'm not stalled because this week it's gone again. Sounds like you and I are very close in weight loss, food intake and excercise. Good to know there is someone else there with me.
    Paulette
  8. Katandmah
    Katandmah
    Food is ok. Sometimes my tiny tummy gets upset, sometimes it is fine. I am finally hitting my numbers for protein, but getting in calorie free drinks are hard. Powerade or juice with water is ok. Water seems to aggravate my acid reflux. I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners since the surgery. Anyone have any suggestions?
  9. mynewlife14
    mynewlife14
    I am also 7 weeks out, food seems to be going down easier. Water still love/hate relationship. I go to water aerobics mon-fri and get a great workout without boring and i have fun. Dry chalky vitamins are still a no-no. Down 35 pounds and have my follow-up appointment on the 9th. To keep my acid reflux down i take a prevscid every morning, when i forget it takes a few days to start working. The only artificial sweetener that my doc recommends is splenda and stevia, so splenda is not bad i hate stevia.
  10. southernchick
    southernchick
    I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners since surgery either. I had surgery April 9th and have lost 61 pounds (20 of them on 10 day preop. I feel good .I'm learning what food agree and disagree with me. Chewing at least 26 times helps alot. I have also found the more liquids I drink, the less irradiated my stomach feels. Really just thanking God!