Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Faith Struggles

1. Lisa2
    Lisa2
    Thanks Pamletha2 for telling me about this group. It's so nice to meet other believers that are on this journey too. With that said did any of you struggle with the decision to get this, surgery? Part of me feels like I'm not trusting God enough to help me with my food issues. Then again part of me feels like God is opening this door for me to get the help I need. I've been praying that everything just goes smooth through the approval process and that way I would know for sure this is God's will for my life. Please pray that I will have peace concerning this decision. I'm very excited about it but still a little nervous as well. Thanks.
  2. natex14
    natex14
    I have to say that I struggled with this as well. I actually remember praying, asking God to help me lose weight and shortly after that I started having a lot of issues with my feet. I went to the doctor and he said, you have to drop some weight. I said, thanks God.

Here is what I realized, the Bible says that our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. We use that Scripture to remind ourselves that we need to treat ourselves with respect. Slowly killing yourself with food is not respecting the temple; it's destroying the temple.

God wants to use each of us and has a plan for each of us, and we can't fill our full potential in pain all day long. We are called to go into the whole world to preach the gospel, so how do you do that bedridden?

It's a hard decision that we all have to make for ourselves, but I feel comfortable that God can use me more healthy. My life is in His hands. God bless you on your journey.
  3. itsjusmycize
    itsjusmycize
    I felt the same way,an finally i came to the place where lord i trust you an if ITS your will for my life then let your will be done.
    but ,. I had started back in Oct,2013. i went to the seminar but i wasnt covered 100% so i kinda let it go ,then after i was coveread 100% i still didnt make that call .I told my husband i could not explain it i had this urgent nawinging feeling in my spirit to make the call, all my paper work was still there it was like they had been sitting there looking at my folder waiting on me to call lol. i had my first appt. 5-27-14
    which gave me confirmation, that all the doubt i had ,was the enemy trying to keep me in that dark place.
    WE ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD !!!!!!!! BE ENCOURAGED ,BE BLESSED
  4. Bendita
    Bendita
    I can relate to your sentiments. I too could not decide whether I was doing the right thing and that which would please God the most. I prayed hard about this and eventually I took it to my spiritual director for guidance. He assured me that be it for my health's welfare, I am obliged to do whatever it takes. God can certainly help me with my food issues, however He also has to allow nature to take its course, most of the time, and my nature is what it is. Even just watching others eat, makes ME gain weight!! LOL. Since this surgery will be for my best, spiritually I should benefit from it too! Remember that the Gospel tells us that it is better to enter the kingdom of Heaven with a part of our body that is making us fall into sin, missing (in my case I do struggle with the sin of gluttony- I love my food and tend to get carried away on occasions!) rather than go into perdition with our entire body. Hope this helps you ease up on yourself my dear! God Bless you abundantly !!
  5. diana1965
    diana1965
    I felt the same way. I tried two diets that was bible based, and did not get much results. Which made me feel like not only failing at another diet but also failing at being a Christian. When the sleeve opportunity made its way into my life, I felt it was a God thing. He was providing an opportunity to have success. I pray daily that His will be done in my life, and that I get to the size He needs me to be.
  6. Lisa2
    Lisa2
    Wow! Thanks everyone. All your comments help so much. It's so great to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. I didn't hear from the Dr. Office Friday as I expected so hopefully I will get good news Monday. Please continue to pray for me. I will do the same for you guys.