Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Are we ready? I'm counting days

1. Sagittarius
    Sagittarius
    I can't wait for June. Lol. So I'm starting my diet tomorrow and going to start to walk after work, like it or not. Lol. I need to start ahead of time and get ready for my life to change soon. I can't wait to be skinny and healthy. So who is ready? ??? my surgery is June 17
  2. Made/Michigan
    Made/Michigan
    I can't said I'm ready because I'm soon scary but on the same time I'm want to have everything done. I will be on June too.
  3. Gammy10
    Gammy10
    I'm excited. I would by lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous. As hard as I try, I can't imagine what it will be like. I am so ready to have the surgery part behind me. My surgery date is June 19th. Woo Hoo!

You said you are starting your diet. Is this on doctor's orders? My only pre diet is liquids a week before surgery. And, good idea on the walking!

Good luck to everyone!
  4. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    I've had my surgery scheduled since February, so YES, I am beyond ready to be done with the actual procedure. Waiting this long has had it's pros and cons. Currently I'm struggling with self-doubt and the expense of the surgery. My biggest fear is the unknown. I have no doubt this is the right decision for me, but it's hard to see where I will be in a year's time and that scares me. All part of the process I'm sure.
  5. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    A lot of things scare me....going to Mexico, failing, dying on the table....LOL Trying to push those thoughts out and stay positive. Hoping June 9th is a start of a better chapter
  6. ljweartz
    ljweartz
    Teacher Jenn, where in Mexico are you having your surgery? I'm having mine done on June 13th with Dr. Almanza.
  7. Sagittarius
    Sagittarius
    I'm scare too. But I'm excited and ready to get this over with. I want a new life, a new body, and new me. I do think about what if something does goes wrong? I don't want to die. But I'm staying positive. ��
  8. abs1016
    abs1016
    Well it looks like June 13th is my day. looks like Friday the 13 is my lucky day.
  9. Aliebubu
    Aliebubu
    I'm with you all. I'm really scared and just want the surgery behind me. I'm scheduled
    June 5th.
  10. emski87
    emski87
    im booked for 23rd june!!! I love my surgeon, asked for the referral in February, saw him for the first time in march, went back to see him last week and he booked me in there and then for 23rd june!

not had everything come through yet, but have an education day on Monday 19th May to attend, which is run at the hospital, and lots of people on hand to answer all my questions and to go though all the diet information etc.

Never had an operation in my life, so feeling a bit anxious about it, but know this is for the best
  11. jolieslp
    jolieslp
    I am scheduled for June 3. I am afraid to get my hopes up, because I was scheduled in February, and had to postpone because I needed to get my BMI down a little more. (I have lost 50+ in the past year.) I have started a very low-carb pre-surgery diet this week, hoping to get the last little bit off. I will probably have to add some extra liquid only days too. But I can make it! I have faith, and I have prayed. God will take care of this!
  12. Kmkline69
    Kmkline69
    I'm scheduled Jun 23rd and am so excited. I look and read all the before and afters and wonder what my sorry is going to be. The two week pre-surgery diet is going to be struggle for me, so certainly a little apprehensive about that. One step at a time though, right?
  13. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    3 weeks and counting! YIPPEE!!!!!
  14. InthelandofOZ
    InthelandofOZ
    I'm also June 23rd
  15. lala1234
    lala1234
    Anyone scheduled with Dr.Almanza on June 27 2014?
  16. Pooky
    Pooky
    I am totally counting the days! June 4th @ 7:30 am. I am completely excited yet i have moments of being scared and anxious. It's like this roller coaster I'm on daily. I started my pre-op diet of 2 shakes and 1 meal a day early (today). I am so excited to start my new life!
  17. winwin78
    winwin78
    Hey everyone! So june 16th is getting closer and closer and I am super SUPER excited! I thank god everyday for blessing me with all that he has and feel in my heart that this is part of the plan. I have to block out the fear that creeps in from time to time and just say thank you jesus. I have 5 children at home and I want to be able to see them grow up and old. A big part of me finally making this decision to have surgery in the first place. I have a friend that had this surgery with almanza a couple of years ago and her and her husband our flying home today because he had the surgery with almanza on Monday and did great. anyways really excited and ready to get it done.
  18. reinventme
    reinventme
    I am jun 12. My preop is tomorrow
  19. Aliebubu
    Aliebubu
    It's so great to hear everyone's stories. I just want June 5th to hurry up and get here. The fears are starting to get to me.