Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

A tighter sleeve

1. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    Does Dr. Elias Ortiz do a "tight" sleeve like they say Almanza does?
  2. BelindaK
    BelindaK
    You'll need to talk to him about the sizing of his sleeves. I can tell you, my weight loss buddy was sleeved by Almanza and her sleeve is anything but tight. From the beginning, she's felt very little restriction and can really eat a lot. Its been frustrating for her...I'm 6 months out and eating maybe 3 ounces at a meal and she can clean her plate when we go to a restaurant.
  3. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    For your friend...that is so sad. But grateful you were sleeved by Dr. Elias Ortiz. He'll be my surgeon next month. Still, so very sad for your friend. Maybe she'll find success, be it slower.
  4. hanna90
    hanna90
    Great question! I was actually wondering something similar because those are the two doctors I'm contemplating. I love everything about Elias Ortiz and overall he seems like the better choice for me, but it seems like Dr. Almanza's patient lose A LOT of weight and very fast. This is based soley on me looking at other people's tickers, so it's just an observation which may be wrong, so I'll be interested in what people have to say!
  5. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    I can't compare almanza to Ortiz, but I can say I had my sleeve done by Ortiz and my friend had his surgery 1 week prior to me done in the states... He can eat a significantly larger amount of food than I can... So I think my sleeve is pretty "tight"
  6. jenniferboyd81
    jenniferboyd81
    Dr. Ortiz told me multiple times my sleeve was very tight.
  7. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    So happy, because he's the one I will be going to. I'm going to tell him to take the whole thing out. Just kidding.
  8. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    Glad to hear yall are happy with Dr. Elias Ortiz because I am going there with him on June 9th! Never really heard the discussion of tight vs. not tight. I certainly hope mine is tight! LOL
  9. Bill 59101
    Bill 59101
    I will be having surgery with Dr. Ortiz on June 24, can't wait and nervous at the same time. To help adjust to the pre-op diet, I am replacing meals here and there with protein shakes and mixing in days where I follow the diet exactly. I hope this will help when it is time to start the real deal.
  10. JuniperLane
    JuniperLane
    I am both nervous and excited... And scared. My surgery is scheduled for June 2nd... I can't stop researching VGS and feeling kind of obsessive. I didn't even realize you could make the sleeve "tight"
  11. amyswisher
    amyswisher
    JuniperLane, looks like you will be flying in when I'm flying out...I hope I can find someone there when I'm there lol
  12. HeathierMe
    HeathierMe
    I was sleeved by Dr. Ortiz - I went with two other friends and he didn't refer to our surgery as "tight" but did tell us the amount of our stomach he removed. It depended on the size of the stomach to begin with. Mine and one friend he removed 80% and the third friend 85%.