Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Four months out, still excited about my sleeve!

1. elongwa
    elongwa
    Hey Everyone, I haven't posted in a while, but thought I would update my status for any newbies who may be researching or looking for positive support.

I am still LOVING my sleeve.

She and I have had our ups and downs, she didn't like sugar (or sugar substitutes) for quite some time. If I ate something, it would come back up within 15 minutes of consumption, brown rice was the worst reaction I had.

At about 2.5-3 months out I had issues transitioning to real foods, some vomiting after meals if I ate too fast or didn't swallow well. That passed - YAY - and now things are much better.

It took about a month for me to feel stronger and have more energy, I am back to my normal energy levels now.

Since my pre-op appointment I am down 48 lbs WOOOO, 48 LBS!!!

I have had a few stalls, last one was 20 days, my current stall has been 12 days. I know I am losing inches when the scale doesn't move, my belts get looser (I had to buy a new one) and my clothes fit better. BUT, some days I just WISH I could drop the last few lbs I need to move into my new BMI category of Overweight!

I have started hiking, and want to start biking too, I love the energy I have and the joy I feel every morning slipping on a size 12 pair of jeans.

I started out in an 18/20 that was TIGHT...so happy to be down four pant sizes and going from an 18/20/2XL to a size L/XL shirt!

Have a great day everyone!

Erin
  2. lchein
    lchein
    That is so awesome! Glad you still like your sleeve. I have surgery on Tuesday!! Yea!!!