Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Who & When?

1. Edge07
    Edge07
    I'm just starting the approval process for the sleeve surgery. I have BCBS and have heard there shouldn't be any problems getting it done. Dr. Woody Denham will be my surgeon. I'm praying everything goes smoothly on this new journey. Good Luck everyone
  2. Lil Sis
    Lil Sis
    Good luck to you. My sister and I are doing this together through Loyola. BCBS approved both of us. She is hoping for an Aug date and I think I will try for Sept or Oct. What hospital/clinic are you going through?
  3. corder2724
    corder2724
    Getting mine done at the Univ of Chicago by Dr. Hussein. Been through the evaluation process, got accepted, now for some testing.
    Kinda anxious about the whole thing. I am older than most of the others I have met, so that does not help my anxiety. You all sound excited. I guess I should be as well, but all I feel now is fear. It is strange because I do not scare easily. I am thinking that it is probably the whole life change thing. Maybe that is the whole thing that I am reacting too.
  4. Lil Sis
    Lil Sis
    I have had to make peace with the fact that many of the (bad) but enjoyable habits I have had will be a thing of the past. It will ALL be worth it. Good luck!
  5. Angelical
    Angelical
    My name is Angie 42, former weight 328, I had my surgery 6/20/13. My pre diet I lost 15 pounds and post op 1 week I was down 20 pounds it is now going on 3 weeks post op and I have only lost 3 more pounds I can hardly eat anything full liquids only, I mean I am never hungry and if it was for the dry mouth I don't think about drinking. Crystal lite is always in my water bottle and I do like V-8 splash, I eat pudding and cream of spinach or broccoli which that 1 can last 3 meals I can only get down 4 teaspoons at a feeding before I start to have pain, I am not trying to scare anyone, but be prepared. I went back to work after 2 weeks, my energy leaves a up, and I do a lot of walking, but not exercise due to the work I perform at the post office which has me sore by the end of my work day. My doctor was Dr. Tsienga, for Suburban Surgeries Elmwood Park and they use Westlake, Melrose Park, it was 1 day stay. Good luck I hope this is a little info.
  6. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I just had my surgery 9/10/13 by BMI Surgery, Dr Lahman at Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox. I started the process years ago at University of Chicago. They are also very good. I also had BCBS and they were fast and easy. Good luck to everyone!!
  7. elginchris
    elginchris
    Hi All,
    Surgery date is Nov. 4th at Alexian Brothers Hospital in Elk Grove by Dr. Peter Rantis. Good Luck!!!
  8. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    Good luck Elginchris!!! That's a good hospital also. I had my son by c-section there.
  9. Marvella36
    Marvella36
    Hi! This is my first post. I'm a lurker I guess. I was 306 highest, 289 now and my surgery is coming up jan 7, 2014. Dr nagle at northwestern. Starting to get nervous.
  10. labratmd73
    labratmd73
    Hello, my surgery is 12/31 with Dr. Guske at St. Alexius, and it's good to see some local sleevers. Best of luck to you all.
  11. Lori59
    Lori59
    I'm 55 years old and was sleeved 01/30/2014...starting weight 241 current 206. Lost the 1st 10 pounds on the pre-surgical diet. Good Luck to all on your journey
  12. kgguess210
    kgguess210
    My surgery was 2/18/14... Dr. Nagle at northwestern. Lost 23
  13. justwannabnormal
    justwannabnormal
    Hi ya'll. I was sleeved Dec. 10, 2013 at Vista in Waukegan by Dr. Parikh. Awesome surgeon.Im down 60lbs.
  14. cduw25
    cduw25
    Dr Almanza, may 14
    Mexico