Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Day 1 Pre op Diet

1. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Today is my first day on the pre op diet, Im feeling hungry and just wish i could sleep the next fews days away till this passes (kinda hard with a 4 month old and 5 year old lol) How long into your pre op diets did you start to feel better?
  2. soon2belessofme
    soon2belessofme
    Mine starts tomorrow. I too worry about the hunger....I have a big appetite. Have you tried adding fiber? I bought some to add to my shakes.
  3. skinny2be
    skinny2be
    It does get better after a few days into it...add a piece of fruit if you need to or a 3rd shake
  4. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    The preop diet is the worst part of the whole process! It'll get better... Drink an extra flavored water or something tiny, I had a handful of popcorn 2 days before surgery... I turned out Ok
  5. nanfit
    nanfit
    The Pre-op diet is to help reduce the fat around your liver, making it easier to get to your stomach. The most important part is the clear liquid stages. Think of it as a practice for just after surgery. You won't be able to eat solid foods for a few weeks, nor will you really feel like eating them. Hang in there. The salad can be split between lunch and dinner, if necessary. Just keep positive, things are going to change quickly very soon! GOOD LUCK!!!
  6. Chonda
    Chonda
    I have found if i drag my shake out per say and make it last aprox an hour or 1 and half hours to drink it and lots of water in between I've not been hungry much. My main hunger hits when I'm at home for the night. But I've been taking advantage of a good salad every night... But I did get tired of salads and opted for a can of green beans a night or two. The hunger pains go away after a day or two and I think it's more head hunger than anything
  7. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Thanks everyone for your replies, Im having a really hard time thinking about drinking another protein shake did anyone have a problem with shakes? They make me feel sick?
  8. soon2belessofme
    soon2belessofme
    Has anything helped you? I'm starving myself. All I can think about is dinner. If its this bad now. I'm going to be a beast 3 days pre op on just liquids! Lol.
  9. karenl3
    karenl3
    Day 5 for me on pre-op. Not one cheat and I'm not hungry at all today. I'm drinking my shakes and eating my salad and walking and drinking my water and I got my American money...I'm so excited!
  10. Celestial03
    Celestial03
    I'm on day 5 pre op diet and I had a SUPER stressful shift (work as a RN in the NICU) and ate a slice of cheese pizza someone brought to the unit! I'm nervous.. did I totally screw things up or will I be ok come surgery day if I stay on track?
  11. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Today is starting to get a lot better, Snack on veggies throughout the day @soon2bebelessofme that seems to help me. @KarenI3 Im heading to the bank today to get my cashiers check and US dollars, what rate did you pay? and how much spending money do you think we will need in Tijuana?
  12. karenl3
    karenl3
    I got $250 American and paid like $30 for the exchange. Not too bad but the CAD Dollar is low. I can hardly wait till I go! Today has been a rough pre-op diet day. I feel dizzy and hungry.
  13. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    Do we need to convert our money, or will our American money work for tips?