Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Crying in the Dressing Room

1. Jenna135
    Jenna135
    For at least the last two years, I have avoided shopping for clothes. I would seriously wait until I desperately needed something before putting myself through the torturous, stressful and often disappointing dressing room experience.

Prior to surgery, I was up to a size 18. Even that was getting tight, but I refused to buy anything in the 20s. I know that if I went down that path, I would find myself in 22, 24, and so on. Last Friday was my 6-week post op anniversary. I was picking up some things at Target when I decided to wander through the clothes section. Just for fun, I decided to try on a pair of size 14 jeans...to my surprise, they were TOO BIG! Could I really be a size 12? Was this really happening? I dared myself to try on not one but two pairs of size 12 jeans and pants. They fit!

There I was, in the dressing room at Target, crying tears of joy. I praise God for this new life He has given me. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

This weight loss journey with Christ is such an amazing experience. Even though delicious food is a grace from God, everyday, He is teaching me that He has so much more to offer from His spring of infinite love and joy.

I pray that you may all experience the abundant riches of our Lord through the shedding of what is earthly and gaining what is heavenly.

Blessings,
    Jenna
  2. a2twinsnanny
    a2twinsnanny
    That is such a great and exciting difference in just 6 weeks. I know that after all the pain and work it took to get where you are, it makes you feel more confident that you are sleeved and allowing God to lead you in the directions that you need to go
  3. sunsetwaves
    sunsetwaves
    Hi, I was just crying from fear, and your post was so inspiring. I am getting sleeved this Wed Feb 26 and I look forward to feeling what you felt that day in the dressing room, from tears of fear to tears of joy.
  4. MrsDeLaCruz2020
    MrsDeLaCruz2020
    Praise God!! Well you made me cry! Congrats on your WLS journey and your journey with the Lord! God is soooo sufficient! I love HIM!!! God bless ur continued success!
  5. Small Car
    Small Car
    Thank you for your post. I'm just starting my journey and I am so grateful to God for the willingness to make some drastic changes in my life. I look forward to the days of letting go the weight. God bless you and your journey.