Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

8 days post op

1. airmaleguy@gmail.com
    airmaleguy@gmail.com
    I had surgery 8 days ago and I am down 15 pounds! All pain is gone except some throat discomfort. I can take about 50-75% of my liquid and protein goals. I have to say the liquids and shakes are getting old and I'm ready to eat again. I went out to eat with my kids tonight and ordered tomato soup. I was able to eat about 75% of the small bowl of soup. My blood pressure and pulse have dropped so I think it's already time to adjust my hypertension meds. I went to my wound check appt today and it is all fine except some itching around the incision sites. I can start soft food on day 14 and the doc said to ease in to solids whenever I'm ready, but will likely be week 6. He said i will only be able to eat about 4oz at a time.
  2. sweetsal
    sweetsal
    wow you are so far ahead of me. I am on week 4 and saw my primary care physician today. I am have a lot of trouble eating and it seems drinking slushes are about the only way I can say hydrated. Solid food is almost non-exhisitant. But my PCP told me today that I have to start eating more solids. Suggesting chicken, cheese, yogurt, etc. So I tried a small piece of turkey and cheese roll up today, puked it out pretty quick. But I felt like some stayed. So I just have to keep working at it.

Any suggestions?
  3. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I'm at day 8 or 9. When I get to two weeks I don't think I'll be ready for any more than I'm doing now: two Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials with plain soy milk a day and water. My stomach is so small and I don't want to hurt it. Eventually some thin, puréed food. I don't want to rush.
  4. airmaleguy@gmail.com
    airmaleguy@gmail.com
    I have followed the diet closely. Just eating broth, protein shakes, Greek yogurt, jello. I'm not having any trouble. Not sure why you are. Maybe you need to drink more liquids. I sip liquids all day long.