Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Those with surgery date during the first week of March...

1. Musical_Lady
    Musical_Lady
    Hey everyone...
    I had surgery March 3rd and have had a few complications.Tomorrow I'm having more tests regarding why I keep "dumping". I'm most likely going to have my gallbladder removed.

I just wondered how you are all doing almost two months post-op. How is your weight loss, what are you eating, and have you had any complications?

2. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Hi, sorry to hear about your complications. Have you developed stones? When I was on a very strict diet years ago, I had rapid weightloss and from that developed stones and had to get my gull bladder out. I feel good now, today I'm down 50lbs and got surgery on March 1, I eat a bit of everything really, can say some days are better than others. Lots of eggs, yougurt, chicken, steaks and cottage cheese, and still those protein shakes.
  3. Musical_Lady
    Musical_Lady
    Hi : ) Thanks for your response.

My surgeon said that during the sleeve procedure, he noticed some abnormalities with my gallbladder. I think I was already having issues with it pre-surgery, but having the sleeve has made those issues much worse. i can't keep my food or meds down and I feel very fatigue. hopefully having my gallbladder out will make things much better.
  4. Musical_Lady
    Musical_Lady
    @Romaniangel, you look so good! Congrats to you!!!
  5. denise.jordan39
    denise.jordan39
    March 6 here. Doing better. I had emergency gallbladder surgery 12 days post-op sleeve. Have to say, it really affected my recovery. Hopefully since you're 7 weeks healed, it will be better. I am 30+ pounds down from surgery. No regrets. I'm down from a 24 to an 18! That feels great!
  6. Musical_Lady
    Musical_Lady
    Wow! I bet you feel so good being in a size 18! Good for you! How was your gallbladder removal recovery?
  7. jenifer
    jenifer
    I had my Surgury March 6th. I went back to work in about a week after Surgury, which I thought was too quick because I am a commercial driver. I had problems keeping anything down,even water. I went to the emergency room because I thought I was getting dehydrated. I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis and had low potassium. Once that was treated and healed I felt so much better. Hopefully that will help you and wish you the best.
  8. Ang50
    Ang50
    Surgery March 7. Sorry about complications. Gallbladder problems are connected with allot of fatty foods.

I am taking pictures of almost any new food that I am eating and keeping it in the albums on this blog. Lost 40lb.
  9. may97vas
    may97vas
    Hi, I had surgery March 4th. No complications so far (knock on wood), but I'm not losing as fast as I thought I would. Other than that, everything seems to be going good. Trying now to incorporate exercise, which I'm nervous about being as I haven't done any exercise in years..