Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Exercise

1. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    So anyone take up running? Also wondering what time of exercises you are doing?
  2. Town976
    Town976
    I am walking and doing lots of resistance band exercises. Also, walking off the pounds DVD. Not up to running. Would love to work up to a 5k though. I am only 4 weeks out so not there yet.
  3. cindylbandtogastsleeve
    cindylbandtogastsleeve
    I try to walk every day on my breaks at work. I also run a little as well as I walk, then run. I don't know if I will ever be able to run much, but I am going to increase the running - or jog. I have a mini trampoline that I have not used for a few years, but it is a great way to get the heart pumping. I do jumping Jacks; it is fun, and it did not hurt my joints at all. You have to be careful - of course - to stay on the trampoline and not fall off! I also want to jump rope. This also gets the heart pumping. You have to work your way up for sure. Also I have a weighted hula hoop, which is fun to do. I am slowly changing the way I eat, and increasing my activities a little at a time. Also, using weights is something I want to get back into. I did it for awhile; did not keep up with it. I would love for my arms to be less flabby before I have the surgery at the end of the year. I think the best exercise is one that YOU are interested in, and will continue to do. You must like the activity, or forget about keeping up with it - right? Sound familiar? It is so easy to just stop the walking, and sit on your butt and watch television and eat without giving it much thought.
  4. Rn1334
    Rn1334
    I did.. I ran my first 5K several months ago. Running another in October ...one year out and looking for ways to stay motivated! Zombie run was fun, fun...
  5. jerzeygirl
    jerzeygirl
    I do lots of walking. I can make it to 5.8 miles in less than an hour. I also like yoga, mixed w/some Zumba. I'm a "senior citizen energizer bunny" according to my husband
  6. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    Brilliant people,did my longest walk today, one hour, soon to buy a second hand treadmill so I can do incline walking and maybe build up to some jogging, no gym option as we live near a small country town but I dance..also going to buy ankle and wrist weights when I next go to a city, want to see and feel them, not just buy online...I am 58 and apart from working with young children have done little exercise for years, oh in warm weather we have our own pool, 11 metres long to enough for lap swimming.

Keep up the energiser bunny imitations all, my hubby comes walking with me sometimes, respects my effort to go every day :-)
  7. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    I am just walking right now - but going to join a gym at first of next month. The last time I ran was in the early 80's. I am curious after I loose a lot of this weight if my knees will allow me to run... it will be interesting to find out!
  8. Janny
    Janny
    How long after surgery did you start exercising?
  9. Bilby
    Bilby
    I had an established strength/weight training program 3x weekly for many years pre-operatively. This helped with muscle mass and tone post-operatively.
    At 4 weeks post-op I returned to my trainer starting with lighter weights and resistance. I added cardio x3 week either outside (hilly) or on the treadmill.
    I managed this week to jog 1mile continuously out of the 2 miles I compete in my 30 mins and was really happy with my achievement.
    From my 70 pounds loss only 2 pounds has been lean muscle ..... the rest is fat .... I continue to lose inches and am now comfortably in a size 14.
    My goal is to complete a 5k next year ..... I use at FitBit to monitor my activity and weigh weekly.
    Since November 2012 I have lost weight all but one week (surgery was in June 2013) .... Slow and sure is the road for me. Good luck to all.
  10. BladeFox
    BladeFox
    I haven't had the surgery, but I am going to get back into Zumba when the time comes and go to the gym for 25 minutes of cardio and weights on my already existing problem areas.
  11. suzn358
    suzn358
    I got to Zumba now twice a week and also do weights and treadmill at the gym. My surgery is January 8th. I always thought that if I exercised a lot that I would lose weight, but over time I've found out that's just not true. It's really all about the food. I continue to exercise because I need it for my mental state. It keeps me sane and feeling good. I hope I won't have too much time not working out after the surgery.
  12. lynette355
    lynette355
    Walking is what I have been doing. Trying to jog a little now. So walk one minute and jog one minute until I just can't do any more. Managed a total of 17 minutes of jogging and 34 of walking in one trip that way. It is a start. I have lost 83 lbs so far and can feel the difference on my joints. Hate living in a lil country town and having to do all my exercise alone though.
  13. GPGal
    GPGal
    I envy all of you that are able to do any sort of exercise at all. I am at the one month mark and still feel weak, not to mention now my back hurts for some reason on top of my bad knees and hip I have yet to do much. I am getting better every day though. I was able to shop a little at Macy's and Costco and didn't use the electric cart at Costco. So I made a little bit of progress. Inch by inch they say makes it a cinch.
  14. Sthomp613
    Sthomp613
    I am riding my bike swimming and working with band resisted excerse. I had my surgery in Feb Ive lost 30 lbs I was hoping for more by know. Thought s