Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

anyone around 230 range?

1. cassieluvscamarieon
    cassieluvscamarieon
    just curious if anyone is around the same weight range when they started out and how much they have lost.. I hear the more weight to lose the quicker it comes off. I have about 90 lbs to lose but just scared that i'm going to be a slow loser unlike all these other people I hear who have lost 60-90 lbs in 4months!
  2. eatpam
    eatpam
    I haven't had my surgery yet but I am starting at 238.... I have thought about the same thing.

I've been reading and calculating everyone's ticker at the bottom of their posts, trying to predict how this will go. I bet you have been doing the same thing. I have noticed that many people average about a pound a day when they get past their first few weeks. Then I have seen a lot that have averaged about a half pound a day.

I am trying to picture it in my mind.... what my body will look like and what I will look like. I can't compare it to my young thin look, I've aged a lot since then.

It is very exciting/scary.
  3. Terribj
    Terribj
    I'm at 224 - I am in my 3rd month of insurance requirements and I'd be happy with ONE pound lost. I don't care how long it takes - just that it goes. I've been faithfully following my doctor's recommendations, my NUTs recommendation and training with a personal trainer for 3 months - and not one pound has come off. I've lost 3 pounds of fat and gained 4 pounds of muscle - very hard to stay motivated.
    I can't quit thinking about how I will feel, what I will do, clothes I can finally wear, etc etc. I've become obsessed with this.
  4. jloconnell
    jloconnell
    I had my WLS on Dec 16. Here are my stats:
    Pre Op Liquid Diet: Dec. 6 268
    Surgury Date: Dec 16 258
    Current Weight: 237

I Lost the fastest until I started eating real food which was a month after surgery. I would say I have averaged 4 pounds per week. Although I really recommend weighing once a week. I have gotten discouraged when I do it every day. Our bodies have a hard time adjusting to this change and so it will tell us by stopping and starting.

Hope this helps.
    Jana
  5. KCWB
    KCWB
    Jana,
    You've lost over 30 lbs in less than 2 months! That's wild! Are you walking for exercising or just concentrating on your diet for now? If you don't mind me asking, how many sizes (in clothing) have you gone down in the past 2 months? Were there some sizes that you just skipped right over? I'm just waiting on my surgery date to be scheduled so that I know when to start the pre op diet. I really want a definite date...it'll make it seem much more "real"
  6. ajens
    ajens
    I have wondered the same thing. I can't wait till my surgery. March it is, and its not coming fast enough for me.
  7. Lori C
    Lori C
    I started at 243, had complications after my surgery which now has me on a feeding tube, nothing by mouth until 2 weeks ago. But... I am down 40lbs. I haven't done any shopping as of yet so all I can say is my pants hang on me and I don't have to undo them to take them off. Good luck to you
  8. Blackbry63
    Blackbry63
    Hello everyone,

Welcome aboard. I started at 231 lbs, I'm down 86 lbs in 8 months, seems to avg at about 10+ lbs per month. I'm sure you will do fine in reaching your goal. I still have 10 more lbs to go, almost at goal before the 1 year mark. Actually wish I could slow it down a little now. However, the sleeve surgery was the best decision I've ever made. This site/forums are great and full of helpful advice and supportive people. Best of luck in your journey.
  9. Shellybelle72
    Shellybelle72
    I started at 237. Was sleeved 3-6-14. Currently I am 222. I was stuck at 224 for about a week it I have to learn to stay off the scale.
  10. taisha
    taisha
    hi everyone my started weight was 256 i am now 223 i'm still waiting for my surgery date so i can stat my pre- op. my sister had it done a gave some great advise so i changed the way i was eating and lost 33 pounds and that's as far as it went i can't wait for the day the doctor says it's time to start my pre-op. i'm so ready for this weight to come off summer will be here soon and it gets really hot here in texas.
  11. CurvyCakes
    CurvyCakes
    Hello everyone. I started this WLS journey at a whooping 245.9 standing at just 5'2. My body shape is bottom heavy and have helped me to conceal the fact that I weigh as much as I do. I will be sleeved 4/14 and currently on day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet. This is not easy but I am determined to finish strong. I have made so many wonderful friends along this WLS journey and it seems that most lose about a pound a day. Normally I weigh myself everyday which isn't healthy for my emotional state as the moment I see a fluctuation in the wrong direction I am completely bummed out. Monday I decided that once I weighed myself on day one I would do my best not to weigh again until my pre-op appointment at the hospital just a few days before my surgery. Monday I was 237.5.
  12. ssc22880
    ssc22880
    I'm was at 285 before surgery and i'm 5'3. I am now at 214 and 7 months out. lost 71 lbs so far. I had months were i lost nothing or less than 5 lbs. its been slow sometimes for me but when i do lose i lose 10 - 15 at a time.
  13. may97vas
    may97vas
    Hi! I started at 230, had my surgery on March 4th 2014 and today I weighed in at 199 (hello Onederland!!! ). I just came off my 2nd stall that lasted 1 week and a day. It's slow going, but as long as it comes off, i'm happy!
  14. BC35
    BC35
    I started at 226/7. Day of surgery weighed 209. I've lost a total of 65 lbs so far going into my 7th month and now wearing size 8 pants. Since the first few months it has been slow but steady 1-2 lbs/week. I did lose lots of hair 4-5 months in and it is starting now to grow back. I think after the initial month, and average of 1-2 lbs/week is a very realistic and healthy expectation of weight loss understanding that you will have some stalls along the way.