Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

16 days post op

1. Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Hey guys, is anyone having trouble eating?I can only have 3 or 4 bites then I start to feel it in my throat, I'm 16 days out of surgery
  2. DJmillie
    DJmillie
    Right there with you...4 oz and I'm miserable! I was sleeved on 3/26
  3. mrsjoe
    mrsjoe
    I was sleeved at the beginning of March and can still only eat 2-3 oz of solid food. Are you taking really small bites and then chewing them well? I find myself occasionally trying to take bites like I did pre-sleeve and that usually hurts and then prevents me from eating even my 2-3 oz.

It's such a weird head thing being able to eat so little. I really miss eating meals. When you are focusing on protein and can only eat that little, meals end up being just one food and for some reason, I find this sad. I think "gosh I wish I could just eat a meal" and then realize "oh wait, if I could eat normal meals, I wouldn't have had the surgery..." Gotta get the head straight!
  4. daydreamer
    daydreamer
    4 weeks out and husband and I are in the same boat. I have no doubt this will pass it will just take a little time.
  5. denise.jordan39
    denise.jordan39
    5 weeks, same thing. It's like hitting a wall. "I think I can have one more bite" turns into "shouldn't have done that". It teaches you to pause and think if you really can have that next bite.
  6. lmk1952
    lmk1952
    I am right there with all of you. If I eat the protein first, there is no room for anything else. I guess this will get better. Hang in there you guys.
  7. diana1965
    diana1965
    Me too. 25th March surgery. I have been using baby spoons--six spoons and I am full. One 6oz yogert last 3 meals.
  8. Dawnrogers7
    Dawnrogers7
    I'm in the same boat. My surgery was also March 25th. I can only take in a small amount of food and I am stuffed. The hard part for me is waiting between bites but if I don't I can get "over full". I am still drinking a protein shake or two each day to try to get my protein in. Don't know if it's the right thing but it is working for me so far.
  9. Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    I'm glad I'm not the only one then,I have to force myself to drink the protein shakes, that will be one good thing to get rid of but id don't eat enough yet to get rid of them, it's hard to stay on my schedule when I'm working 12 hours but my body feels like it's running on empty